Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vilemoon
Jan 4, 2013

Unsound Of Mind.

Rama of Ra posted:

Bumping cause I'm hoping for an update soon

Halo 2 is next up after we finish up Ducktales! Don't worry friendo, it's gonna happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Vilemoon posted:

Halo 2 is next up after we finish up Ducktales! Don't worry friendo, it's gonna happen.

When's Conker coming back?

Vilemoon
Jan 4, 2013

Unsound Of Mind.

RareAcumen posted:

When's Conker coming back?

As soon as I can get it. Let me list the things that have happened to Conker:

Lost Save:Twice
Lost Footage:Twice
Just awful footage that I had to scrap:Once
Getting completely enraged at and giving up on it to come back to later : Three times

Its been loving cursed. Conker has been a god drat curse, and its JUST the mighty poo level.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Vilemoon posted:

As soon as I can get it. Let me list the things that have happened to Conker:

Lost Save:Twice
Lost Footage:Twice
Just awful footage that I had to scrap:Once
Getting completely enraged at and giving up on it to come back to later : Three times

Its been loving cursed. Conker has been a god drat curse, and its JUST the mighty poo level.

Oh, I had no idea it was giving you the ol' cursed game treatment.

Well, good luck handling it anyway.

Rama of Ra
Sep 7, 2005
~Where's Sitka? Right about the middle of your thumb.~
Oh, I didn't know you had other things going on... I guess I'll check those out in the meantime! Good luck with your Conker troubles.

Dex01
Apr 9, 2012

Our favourite game starring everyone's favourite green soldier.
Update!

We're back and it's time to get stuck into the game that many of us spent countless hours in, superbouncing out of bounds, flipping tanks and watching the mangled remains fly around the map, and looking for the Golden Warthog your friend swears is hidden around here somewhere....

It's the High-Def, Spruced up Anniversary edition, available only in the Master Chief Collection, of Halo 2

Part 1: Cairo Station
Cut:[YouTube]/[Polsy] Uncut:[YouTube]/[Polsy]

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Good to see you guys back!

And the "official" explanation for Johnson's survival was that he had some kind of illness from exposure to plasma grenades that he never got treated, which somehow made him immune to being Flooded. It's heavily implied that the real reason, though, is because he's a first-generation SPARTAN.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
Halo 2 is indeed the best of the series, and you can tell that's where the love went in the HD Collection. It looks like some hella CryEngine poo poo and I love it, like I legit expected Prophet to just kinda waltz up and do a crotch-chop.

Halo 2 is also the one with the high-octane sticky-grenade shenanigans in the multiplayer, yeah?

tlarn fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Aug 8, 2016

Shedrakzo
Sep 2, 2011
Nice, Halo 2 is definitely the highlight game for me. Expands the universe by a lot, and introduces some of my favorite characters.

You guys probably already mentioned this somewhere, but did you say if you're planning on showing off the Halo 2 terminals or not?

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Regalingualius posted:

Good to see you guys back!

And the "official" explanation for Johnson's survival was that he had some kind of illness from exposure to plasma grenades that he never got treated, which somehow made him immune to being Flooded. It's heavily implied that the real reason, though, is because he's a first-generation SPARTAN.

I think they meant "how did he survive getting off a giant exploding ring world?"

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

IronSaber posted:

I think they meant "how did he survive getting off a giant exploding ring world?"

Here I was ready to come here and post while watching the video to say that Johnson drove back to humanity in a warthog Heavy Metal style and they beat me to it! :argh:

Shedrakzo
Sep 2, 2011
I think it was said in First Strike that Johnson was able to meet up with some marines that had access to a pelican, and they flew it off the ring just a bit before John caused its destruction. Then he and John met up and did all the stuff in that book.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

My favorite bit of the halo series is that the big teaser at the end of the first game is that there's no life signs anywhere for god knows how far. But Guilty Spark isn't alive!

And then in Halo 2, loving everybody on that ring got off alive somehow to get medals/punished for it.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

FoolyCharged posted:

My favorite bit of the halo series is that the big teaser at the end of the first game is that there's no life signs anywhere for god knows how far. But Guilty Spark isn't alive!

And then in Halo 2, loving everybody on that ring got off alive somehow to get medals/punished for it.

Excuse me but what about Dustin Echoes?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Shedrakzo posted:

I think it was said in First Strike that Johnson was able to meet up with some marines that had access to a pelican, and they flew it off the ring just a bit before John caused its destruction. Then he and John met up and did all the stuff in that book.

Was this before or after he and the Elite hugged it out? We must know if the Legendary ending is canon.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I just want to confirm that cutscene is, indeed, cool.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Yeah, I think I remember reading somewhere or other that that was supposed to be one of a couple of the major set pieces of the game - something that you'd always remember after you experienced it.

Shedrakzo
Sep 2, 2011
Oh yeah, apparently Bungie had originally planned for you to go inside that Covenant ship to destroy it, which is where you'd formally meet Miranda. But time constraints made them simply go with that cutscene instead.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Ok. What's with the deal with gravity on the Cairo? It's nowhere near big enough to generate a gravitational pull like on the moon, and no-ones using magnetised footwear. Why don't they just fly off into space once you shot them?

Also, how do the Covenant know where Earth was? I thought a major plot point was preventing them from on accessing the PoA's computer?

Shedrakzo
Sep 2, 2011

Samovar posted:

Ok. What's with the deal with gravity on the Cairo? It's nowhere near big enough to generate a gravitational pull like on the moon, and no-ones using magnetised footwear. Why don't they just fly off into space once you shot them?

Also, how do the Covenant know where Earth was? I thought a major plot point was preventing them from on accessing the PoA's computer?

Not really sure if this counts as a spoiler or anything since it's never revealed in the main game, but Regret found Earth because of a Luminary that said there was some cool Forerunner stuff there. Though Truth knew about Earth for a while beforehand because of a trojan horse AI he had secretly placed on a UNSC ship.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Samovar posted:

Because they reverse engineered Covenant ships a while ago so they have artificial gravity tech on both ships and space stations.

BipolarAurora
Jan 1, 2013

Ah Halo 2. Home of the BxR, much like Halo CE on PC was home of Phantom Shooting :c00lbert:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

IronSaber posted:

Because they reverse engineered Covenant ships a while ago so they have artificial gravity tech on both ships and space stations.

So why is gravity less on the outside of the ship?

SovietPotatoe
May 14, 2011

Master of the Duncspawn Taint
So is it just me or is the ingame dialogue impossible to make out? The sound quality is worse than any Youtuber. And I don't suppose the game has a subtitle option for that either, does it?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Samovar posted:

So why is gravity less on the outside of the ship?

Because space magic.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Also why would you have equal gravity on the outside, that's just going to make you a bigger target as your grav gens turn 'near misses' into certain hits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

SovietPotatoe posted:

So is it just me or is the ingame dialogue impossible to make out? The sound quality is worse than any Youtuber. And I don't suppose the game has a subtitle option for that either, does it?

In the original game it's 10 times worse! There were also no subtitles either so good luck figuring out what everybody is mumbling.

• Locked thread