Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite arc?
The Hunter Exam
Heaven's Arena
Yorknew City
Greed Island
The Chimera Ants
The 13th Hunter Chairman Election
View Results

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

No Wave posted:

leorio and kurapika got snubbed. The shoes from left to right are apparently Netero, Killua, Gon, "The Hunter Association", and Hisoka.

"Yes, sir, I would like one pair of Pedophile Clown shoes please."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elite
Oct 30, 2010
If the Killua shoes aren’t banned in 87 countries for being an electrocution risk then what even is the point.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

I'm buying a pair, idgaf....

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk:

ImpAtom posted:

"Yes, sir, I would like one pair of Pedophile Clown shoes please."

For sale
unripe shoes
never worn

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Gotta get me a pair of Gons

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk:
First gameplay footage of Nen Impact:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiNemXQuEcM

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

looks like MvC3 and sounds like they got the 2011 anime VAs (RIP Leorio) so I will be buying this fighting game and I will be terrible at it

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Looks fairly early but good.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I do hope that they expand the characters move pools a bit, because this looks more like Tatsunoko vs Capcom than MvC3. I liked TvC but it's undeniable to me that MvC3 captured the aesthetics and mechanics of it's characters better.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Brought To You By posted:

I do hope that they expand the characters move pools a bit, because this looks more like Tatsunoko vs Capcom than MvC3. I liked TvC but it's undeniable to me that MvC3 captured the aesthetics and mechanics of it's characters better.

It looked to me like one of the people playing was bad compared to the other.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

I meant more the number of moves available to each character than how well the players were handling the system with I'd assume less than a couple hours of playtime. This twitter thread:
https://twitter.com/GREATFERNMAN/status/1783505312638697794
Does confirm my suspicion that the special move pool is going to be low as the developers are opting for a Super Smash Bros scheme where you input a direction + the special button to select your move. Meaning most characters are only going to have 4 moves with maybe a 5th if it is context sensitive like Air-Only and more if they have a stance/mode switch ability.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
But the people there were not showing all the moves is what I mean.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I didn't think the characters had all their moves programmed into that build of the game from the beginning. It was just a question of how many moves they would ultimately have and the answer seems to be ~4 specials although characters like Gon and Netero do get different followups to their Jajanken/Prayer stances.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021

MonsterEnvy posted:

Those are all pro-players, Go1 and Fenritti specifically won a lot of DBz Fighterz tournaments.