Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
I did a half marathon a few years ago, so 13.1 miles is the most I can say for sure.

However, I went backpacking around Europe with a friend right after high school and Venice was one of our last stops. We were getting pretty broke by that point and didn't want to spend money on the gondolas, and we were staying at a hostel on a nearby island so once we got in the city for the day we stayed until nightfall. I remember just wandering the city for hours on end, and feeling more worn out by the evening than I've ever felt from just walking. So definitely one of the days I spent in Venice, but I can't even estimate a distance due to how much the streets snake around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobophobe
Nov 14, 2004

That rug really tied the room together.
I'm a treeplanter. I'm not sure how much distance I cover in a normal day, but probably around 8-12km. Sometimes we have to do long walk-ins to get to the cut-blocks, so that could be up to 7km. Then you have to walk around planting trees all day and then do the same 7km back to the trucks, exhausted from working hard all day.

The best way to prevent blisters is to get blisters and let them heal into callouses. You don't break new boots in, they break your feet in.

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

For my first serious multi-day hike, my buddies took me on a 3 day hike, covering 11 miles each day for the first two and 5 for the last day. Elevation varied from 665' to 2,140'. At the end of the 2nd day I was pretty much ready to give up in the middle of nowhere in the woods.

somnolence
Sep 29, 2011
I did a 50km trail run a few years back. That was the most I've walked in a day.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Nice piece of fish posted:

I wasn't dumb enough to do it twice though. Christ, man.

My wife is going to be 1 week postnatal next year or I'd go for #3 next July :smith:

• Locked thread