Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

ayn rand hand job posted:

Why does Memphis have a giant Bass Pro Shops pyramid

The only Pyramid there should be the arena.

It used to be a museum or something. Then Bass Pro bought it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
that's about as open as ive seen anyone

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
K-State's still in this. :toot:

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

chaoslord posted:

Is reed ok? :ohdear:

Probably not. Hopefully not a cord injury but I'm sure worried about that.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Qwijib0 posted:

That block was piped up?

Totally piped.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Oh my god. Can I believe my eyes? Is this a football game on my television?

Post Alone
Mar 29, 2010

That timeout was piped up

Post Alone
Mar 29, 2010

That kick was piped up

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

That catch was piped up.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Cook is a WR? He's playing really well

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Top Hats is there a new card game thingy up or are you still adding stuff?

Also, come on purple wizard. Pull some poo poo out of your hat

e- I miss ahmad brooks :(

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
How do you drop that

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

Probably not. Hopefully not a cord injury but I'm sure worried about that.

"hes smiling and communicating and showing positive signs" is code for "well hes not dead guys so..."

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
hey look another blowout

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Folks we have SEC chant. SECchant confirmed

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

i wonder what's going through someone's mind when they're chanting the name of their conference

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

buddhanc posted:

i wonder what's going through someone's mind when they're chanting the name of their conference

"we live vicariously through these kids that are way more talented and successful than we ever were at their age" would be my guess

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

buddhanc posted:

Danny Kanell's endless moaning

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

buddhanc posted:

Probably something similar to what people are thinking when they chant "USA USA" but on a smaller scale

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

next game better be loving close up until the end

maybe the tcu backup will play lights out because it'll be a pro tcu crowd

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
game bad so what

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
At least the game wasn't a blowout from the very beginning.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
This is the SEC's down year still destroying everyone else well other than those jort wearing dorks

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Winkie01 posted:

This is the SEC's down year still destroying everyone else well other than those jort wearing dorks

And the Texas Woofwaffe

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I got a little too piped up and passed out

Why does Memphis have a giant Bass Pro Shops pyramid

The only Pyramid there should be the arena.

The Pyramid was a museum/sports arena, then it wasn't because downtown kind of died. Now that downtown is having a renaissance, they sold it to Bass Pro and turned it into a Redneck Kaaba and it's pulling in a ton of tourism

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Winkie01 posted:

mac wanted to beat UT/UGA and win the east

he put it all on the monkey's paw

worth it

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

That was very fun apart from BA throwing a pick in the first drive and Reed's death. Pretty pro Arkansas crowd as expected. Glad that Jonathan Williams was able to go out in the victory formation at the end

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

NickRoweFillea posted:

I got a little too piped up and passed out

The Pyramid was a museum/sports arena, then it wasn't because downtown kind of died. Now that downtown is having a renaissance, they sold it to Bass Pro and turned it into a Redneck Kaaba and it's pulling in a ton of tourism

that is really sad

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

that is really sad

Eh. I mean, it's sad because I remember going to see the impossibly lovely early aught Grizzlies there, but it was just sitting empty for so long doing nothing. I'm glad it's got purpose now, at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

chaoslord posted:

That was very fun apart from BA throwing a pick in the first drive and Reed's death. Pretty pro Arkansas crowd as expected. Glad that Jonathan Williams was able to go out in the victory formation at the end

Sounds like Reed was already back in the locker room by the end of the game and was fine. That was pretty scary, though.

• Locked thread