Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat

Enfys posted:

Maybe you should organise/sell your book horde instead of paying to store them someplace you can't find or read them.

for real what is even the point of owning books if you dont pile them all up in the centre of your den and curl atop it every night like a low-rent dragon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

Perhaps we could organise a goon charity to buy/rent me a larger apartment where I could install shelves.

But yes, the only sensible thing to do is rationalise the horde by selling duplicate and unwanted books. Which is my project for this summer. In volume/weight terms, e-readers kick books' asses all the way every day. :(

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I just wish I didn't find e-readers annoying to read on. I have a kindle paperwhite but I just don't enjoy using it.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

ulvir posted:

these days I judge people by whether the spine of their books show wear, and if they've got those ridiculously tacky and overdesigned hardcover versions of classic books

I don't think they're tacky. I like those designs :(

E: The spine of my paperbacks never show wear for some reason. The corners of the spine sure do, they just wear away, but the center doesn't. I've had to replace House of Leaves like four times though, the cover always comes off.

A. Beaverhausen fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Jun 9, 2016

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
The best thing about ereaders is lying in bed on your side and not fighting the pages.

It's incredible to me that hard cover books don't come with a free digital version.

I can appreciate the whole paperback spine breaking and the book eventually falling apart. At least no one is contesting margin notes or highlights

• Locked thread