Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Tender Bender posted:

My.roommate and I left the SNES on for like a week when we beat SMW to keep our accomplishment on display.

how were you old enough to have a roommate but still proud of beating smw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
because it's cool and zany to play old videogames when you're not even 20

program666 fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Jan 8, 2016

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SMW isn't ancient

program666
Aug 22, 2013

I need either objectives to keep going, or cool new ways to play with the mechanics of the game, just being powerful on a big open world gets tired really fast

program666
Aug 22, 2013

In Training posted:

SMW isn't ancient

it probably is from the point of view of a 20 yo

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training posted:

SMW isn't ancient

It was my first game ever

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

program666 posted:

it probably is from the point of view of a 20 yo

I'm 19 and SMW is not ancient to me.. I grew up with that game

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

It was my first game ever

'Twas the first game I played as well.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

rediscover posted:

I'm 19 and SMW is not ancient to me.. I grew up with that game
When you were born that game was already 4 years old.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I mean SMW is just an old game. Ancient would be like a bunch of drunk college students getting together and busting out Combat.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

yeah, ancient was bad wording, I'll fix that on my post

program666
Aug 22, 2013

there, it's better now

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

program666 posted:

there, it's better now

Thank you

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Bumpin this because I missed elf's urgent question.

elf help book posted:

how were you old enough to have a roommate but still proud of beating smw

We were in college in 2004, it was more "yeah that was a fun time" than "look what I did!". We really needed that, we both hated our girlfriends and Bush had just gotten reelected, it was a bad time.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Tender Bender posted:

We really needed that, we both hated our girlfriends and Bush had just gotten reelected, it was a bad time.
lmao

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

"Dude, my girlfriend loving sucks, and now George Bush is president... ugh, AGAIN! Thank god I just beat Mario 3, man." "Yeah, gently caress girls, dude. You ever think about just sucking each other's dicks?"

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

I mean SMW is just an old game. Ancient would be like a bunch of drunk college students getting together and busting out Combat.

that would own

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

joust and combat on the big screen at a frat party

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

trying to jack off posted:

joust and combat on the big screen at a frat party

warlords ftw

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

oh hell yeah

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

"Dude, my girlfriend loving sucks, and now George Bush is president... ugh, AGAIN! Thank god I just beat Mario 3, man." "Yeah, gently caress girls, dude. You ever think about just sucking each other's dicks?"

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FactsAreUseless posted:

Lmao

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

As the Iraq War raged on, I was involved in my own war of sorts. Not for country or for oil, but for the very fate of the Mushroom Kingdom itself.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

As the Iraq War raged on, I was involved in my own war of sorts. Not for country or for oil, but for the very fate of the Mushroom Kingdom itself.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The day the Twin Towers fell, I knew the world was changed - used retro game prices would never be so low again.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

program666
Aug 22, 2013

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

this but unironically

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Super Mario World takes place in Dinosaur Land.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
https://twitter.com/heynerditsme/status/484051998954618880

• Locked thread