Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

is there a goon clan on zulia or should i join a random pub one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

I just join rando pubbie guilds since I play sporadically and there's like, 2 goons that play this.

noveria
Feb 24, 2015
I'm in a three person guild because we decided getting to design our own outfit was the proper priority over meeting people and finding easy runs. Before that I just ended up in random guilds that invited me when I ended up doing content with their members, rinse repeat when that guild died or whatever. There's almost always several clans recruiting on Crimson side of Zulia for both endgame and gearing, assume the same for Ceru, and the BnS Buddy discord has raid recruitment channels if you get to that point without your own group.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Should I just unlock all of my hongmoon skills when I can?

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Find out which ones are priority for your class and unlock them in that order. Every class usually has one or two that are basically needed then the rest are optional.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

i've been enjoying this a whole lot again. ran a gunslinger up to 45 so far with a friend. i only really quit the first time because a bunch of friends bounced off the game and this game is bad to play alone. it's pretty and fun and the music is good. i hope the content at 55 is interesting, because the lack of it at 45 is apparently why all of my friends quit.

also leveling way faster than in the past helps a lot too.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

There's a good bit of content at max if only because to gear up F2P you need to do all the purple dungeons a day for money

Dawnfire
Aug 25, 2011

Bork Bork!
So, trying to get back into this but with all the changes and how long it's been I'm reaaaaally out of practice for how to play my level 45 classes. There a good resource of quickguides to help get me back in or any general suggestions?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Dawnfire posted:

So, trying to get back into this but with all the changes and how long it's been I'm reaaaaally out of practice for how to play my level 45 classes. There a good resource of quickguides to help get me back in or any general suggestions?

there's a hongmoon training button near the bottom of the screen with lessons on how to play each class. i think at 50 or 55 there's like 30+ lessons per class.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Hey I'm coming back to this game for a bit and wanted to try out a gunslinger but the option isn't in character creation and I can't find out if I need to unlock it or something from google. Do I need to do something special here or make it to such and such level before I can play one? My only character right now is a 30 blade dancer.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Jin or Yun only

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Drythe posted:

Jin or Yun only
Ah that's it, thanks.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Lyn are being added to gs in the future.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Gross

Gon or bust

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

i say with my custom jin profile pic

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Drythe posted:

Gross

Gon or bust

i want to be the gonslinger. would race change mine if this happened.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I'm picking it up from my blade dancer and I've lost the plot a bit, who is this Yonkai fucker and why don't I just kill him?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Caidin posted:

I'm picking it up from my blade dancer and I've lost the plot a bit, who is this Yonkai fucker and why don't I just kill him?

Bad general dude with a sufficiently large army to make killing him a bad idea

Dawnfire
Aug 25, 2011

Bork Bork!

Tsurupettan posted:

there's a hongmoon training button near the bottom of the screen with lessons on how to play each class. i think at 50 or 55 there's like 30+ lessons per class.

Thanks much, this is a REALLY cool addition I did not know about. Should hopefully help me get back up to speed once I look up some good Blade master builds.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I like the plot of this game but the bit where everyone acts like I spent the first half of Silverfrost as a total dick is kinda lame, I did the same old slightly exasperated village saving shenanigans I spent the last 3 acts doing. And I didn't even get to hang out with bad man Mushin at all.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

some parts of the plot were also changed for the western release. most notably was the one where in kr you go back in time but in us/eu you're like, representing someone or something. They didn't change any dialogue after that and it is confusing af.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Drythe posted:

some parts of the plot were also changed for the western release. most notably was the one where in kr you go back in time but in us/eu you're like, representing someone or something. They didn't change any dialogue after that and it is confusing af.

Does that include the bit where Dochun is having a flashback and is like "by the way, someone who looks and fights exactly like you was there."?

because that was slightly awkward.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
I think it's the earlier flashback bit in the town with the mine and the great dragon gate thing. Where you're supposed to be there representing someone but then someone recognizes you in the present from your time travel.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Yeah it's really weird. Also poharans grandpa just saying he'll muscle through his dark chi infection while we go through 10 chapters of story to cleanse ours was odd.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Drythe posted:

Yeah it's really weird. Also poharans grandpa just saying he'll muscle through his dark chi infection while we go through 10 chapters of story to cleanse ours was odd.

That Mardun guy or whatever his name was from the eight masters said he had a dark chi infection once and had to purify it over the course of several years by following the path of enlightenment, which was time you didn't have to spare hence all the junk you had to go through.

The timeline is hard to follow because it seems like weeks or months go by between the start of the game and the showdown with Jinsoyun, then a skip before you going around telling people you aren't dead, and then they do what seems like an even longer timeskip right after.

Also goddamn but I need to get a security system for Heavens Reach.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

falling off heavens reach is a rite of passage

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Okay I hit level 55, hongmoon level 7 and this little bar shows up above my quests inviting me to do some daily's for exciting rewards and I'm all like hell yeah I'll do that little buddy and it tells me to go to Irontech core.

Then me and and my LFG party of apparently new and like minded fellows got our cricket selves picked and crushed between the butt cheeks of cyborg gorilla after flailing around at it blindly for like 5 minutes, hitting an enrage timer of some kind right at 70%, when his actual mechanics came online.

Is this a get gud thing or do am I poking around the wrong neighborhood?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Irontech is really hard actually, you want probably around 750 ap at least

• Locked thread