Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yeah, she's 100% bisexual but that doesn't mean the more vocal lesbian fanbase (the ones who flipped their poo poo over Lexa) won't spaz out if Clarke started bumping uglies with guys again. Wouldn't be surprised if the show just avoids her liking dudes forever now, but I wouldn't mind at all if she had a male love interest again. Even if it was Bellamy, though I think their relationship is far more interesting if it remains platonic.

Some bitches be crazy. In the finale I was honestly wondering how many people watching may jump to fanatical conclusions when the kid was revealed, despite how obvious it was the kid was too old to have popped out of Clarke's chachki.

What I want is Bellamy and Echo to finally get together. It's awfully cramped on that space ring ...

Since I'm already typing a bunch of tangentially related poo poo, I'ma take this moment to say how much I appreciate Echo still being on this show, and only getting more screen time as the seasons go on. She's been around since Mt Weather and I love that she ended up being more than a one-off character. She's interesting and her dynamic with Bellamy is always fun to watch. It was a big relief when they didn't kill her off this year despite the many opportunities to handily write her out of the show. I really look forward to her being integrated even more into the main ensemble next year.

This show does a good job in general of bringing forward characters who have technically been around since the beginning, rather than just introducing new people constantly. It just feels like characters we already sort of know are finally getting focus, and it makes everything flesh out in a more natural way than just having a ton of new actors pop up to fill whatever role is needed by the story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I'm just glad Monty is alive. And harper. The last thing we needed was to get rid of jasper only for Monty to take his place.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

Rhyno posted:

the fandom would lose their poo poo if
Clark would burn tumblr to the ground. And then cry about it to Bellamy. This would obviously lead to the inevitable child.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm sure everybody on the ark who were not exclusive to someone hooked up and banged like rabbits up there.

INH5
Dec 17, 2012
Error: file not found.

Rhyno posted:

I'm sure everybody on the ark who were not exclusive to someone hooked up and banged like rabbits up there.

Skaikru 2.0 consists of Monty, Harper, Murphy, Emori, Bellamy, Raven, and Echo. So yeah, I'm guessing that Bellamy formed some kind of threeway thing with Raven and Echo.

Which raises the question: are there any spare contraceptive implants on the GS ring? Because while Harper and Raven presumably already have them, it would be extremely inconvenient if Emori and/or Echo got pregnant.

Meanwhile, unless there are other, older nightblood survivors offscreen, Clarke presumably hasn't gotten any for 6 years. Poor girl.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Clarke is kind of a dick for not bothering to dig the bunker out.

She had nothing to do for almost seven years. You aren't telling me that with trucks and probably skaikru explosives and someone to help she couldn't have found a way to the bunker entrance.

She just left them in there to probably start an underground lord of the flies when they realized rocks were holding the door shut and they had no escape.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Space Crabs posted:

She had nothing to do for almost seven years. You aren't telling me that with trucks and probably skaikru explosives and someone to help she couldn't have found a way to the bunker entrance.

She just left them in there to probably start an underground lord of the flies when they realized rocks were holding the door shut and they had no escape.

What explosives? They had rocket fuel but that was all sent to the rocket so...

Alternatively Clarke decided that everyone in there is a moron so the new world is better off without them :v:

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Well they pull Walking Dead amounts of munitions out of thin air so I assumed she would have access to some kind of grenades or C-4 or something.

Seven Years.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Space Crabs posted:

It's addressed already in the finale, though. She said they've tried more than once to dig it out, but there's too much/too big rubble.

INH5
Dec 17, 2012
Error: file not found.
The bunker was directly under a skyscraper. It took hundreds of workers using modern equipment more than 8 months to clear the WTC rubble after 9/11.. Clarke doesn't have any powered earthmoving equipment and she apparently only has one other person who can help her, who is in her early teens at most. It is entirely believable that she wasn't able to dig the bunker out within 6 years.

Which seems like a major design oversight on Billy Cadogan's part, but whatever.

INH5 fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Jun 9, 2017

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
I just started this show the other night and I'm mostly through season 1 and I have one question: when does the "game over man! game over!" kid die?

Hopefully soon, I'm sick of him shouting that.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

INH5 posted:

The bunker was directly under a skyscraper. It took hundreds of workers using modern equipment more than 8 months to clear the WTC rubble after 9/11.. Clarke doesn't have any powered earthmoving equipment and she apparently only has one other person who can help her, who is in her early teens at most. It is entirely believable that she wasn't able to dig the bunker out within 6 years.

Which seems like a major design oversight on Billy Cadogan's part, but whatever.

i figured the 300 skaikru corpses piled on top of the door would create a buffer zone, digging through skeletons is easier than digging through rubble

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

INH5 posted:

Well, who though a bunch of nuclear plants going bust around the globe would cause a massive fire wave that could bring down skyscrapers?

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

Space Crabs posted:

i figured the 300 skaikru corpses piled on top of the door would create a buffer zone, digging through skeletons is easier than digging through rubble

It's kind of like a Twinkie, rubble outside with a creamy corpse center.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
I'm really glad that at the end of season 2, Murphy breaks into that place and they're playing Warren Zhevon. S2 has been kind of sadly bare of licensed songs, compared to S1 being completely ham-handed with them.

Looking forward to S3

edit: walking away from the camp with that sign "CAMP JAHA" in the background looks like nothing so much as an ad to go to scout camp for the summer, what was that old Nickelodeon show?

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Jun 17, 2017

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
If Donkey Lips is on the prison ship this is officially the greatest show in history.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

I think it would be interesting if Bellamy started identifying as a spirit-fox and made a fox costume for himself and always wore it in every scene

That would be really bold

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
I'm really glad that Abby gave up being Chancellor. She was the worst loving leader ever

Aphrodite posted:

Drowning isn't her specialty. It wouldn't have come up much on the Ark.
If Pike was such a badass Earth Skills instructor, you'd think that "swimming" would've been part of the curriculum at some point.

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Jun 18, 2017

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
oops dp

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

coyo7e posted:

I'm really glad that Abby gave up being Chancellor. She was the worst loving leader ever

If Pike was such a badass Earth Skills instructor, you'd think that "swimming" would've been part of the curriculum at some point.

Yea let's just go to the pool on the Ark

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Yea let's just go to the pool on the Ark
Frankly, it wouldn't be that tough to do. They already have antigravity, and a working hydroponics filtration system.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

There is a pool on the Ark, it's just full of pee waiting to be recycled.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

:getin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLHnMC93OUU

"Clarke, what happens if the Monsters come back?"

"Then we'll kill them all."

:black101:

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
That was fun.

The "You may be the chancellor, but I'm in charge" scene will always be one of my favorites.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFARUnF7sRE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Octavia wears the gently caress out of that chocker.

• Locked thread