Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
uh, hyura went to go beat up edil. that's the equivalent of marriage for her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

khy
Aug 15, 2005

I'm re-reading it and I agree, 69 was the peak. But it was still good. The bit at the end went a little long but it's not so bad if you read it all at once and don't have to wait for the weekly scanlations.

I have hopes for the sequel. I really, really hope Edil and Hyura hook up. I also hope that he keeps like, one of her severed ears in his bag as a keepsake and she thinks it's romantic and sweet and everyone else thinks it's creepy as hell (Remember when Hyura tried to give her own severed arm to Isuta?).

E: I also agree with chumbler. I like the fact that Helck and Anne had a good friendship and partnership but they didn't have to fall in love and poo poo. Helck ending up with Alicia is perfect IMO.

khy fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Dec 21, 2017

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Postface by the Helck mangaka - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Helck/Ch-106-005--Postface--End-?id=395684

In which she confirms that there will be a sequel and that the protagonist of the sequel will be _________Piwi___________.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Who's that Pyoekémon?!

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

I just binged through the last few chapters and goddamn, what a ride! And the ending totally nailed it. I got a bit teary-eyed at Helck and Alicia's reunion and them travelling together, and I echo the others' sentiment at being happy at Helck and Anne being platonic friends to the end. Also, Hyura being all, "Stand back, I'm knocking sense into my hubby" at the end is so good. :3:

I know people said the ending might have dragged on a bit, and while I can see that, I did like that it wasn't just the heroes being clowned on constantly. There's a good back-and-forth between the two sides and there's a good amount of escalation.

Also the whole thing wasn't just down to Helck and Anne. A bad manga would just have the others remain irrelevant and exist to be cannon fodder, but the other demons also contributed to this war effort. Like Hyura and Kenrose's team holding back the enemy lines, or Asuta getting critical information to Helck and Anne, or Azudora and the barrier team keeping the mutations at bay. The world is saved because everyone stepped up to the task and I love it.

While there are other mysteries and plot hooks left in the world like the demon empire's dragon emperor, I'm fine with the story ending like this and not getting dragged out. It feels like those are stories for another day, and I'm cool with the sequel exploring them on its own pace.

That's my Helck impressions, and thanks for listening to me. :shobon:

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Who's that Pyoekémon?!

The face of a true hero. Our MVP, folks!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Heard from another thread Helck ended. Wasn't hot on the final fight but the ending is completely worth it. I'm looking forward to the new manga if there is one thing Helck nails is being heartwarming and focusing on that makes me happy.

Now I have to reread to see if Piwi was actually picking up items.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Electric Phantasm posted:

Heard from another thread Helck ended. Wasn't hot on the final fight but the ending is completely worth it. I'm looking forward to the new manga if there is one thing Helck nails is being heartwarming and focusing on that makes me happy.

Now I have to reread to see if Piwi was actually picking up items.

He picked up a round item after Anne kills the gently caress out of the dragon-like enemy back during the journey north. Chapter 55.

On Page 14 of Chapter 54, the engineer shows Piwi some rocks that look like they're coal being heated for the Train's boiler, I assume that the engineer gave him one and that's the other stone.

Not sure about that brick-looking one though.

khy fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Dec 21, 2017

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
I don't want to get off Helck and Anne's wild ride. But all good things come to an end. :unsmith:

I can't believe it's been going so long, think I came across it from the "post single manga pages" thread and everyone was spamming Helck.

Super recommend this to anyone who hasn't already picked it up!

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Hey, so... who actually won the Demon King tournament?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Agronox posted:

Hey, so... who actually won the Demon King tournament?

the cerberus guy, obviously.

• Locked thread