Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

metricchip posted:

This mother fucker...

Turns out he's a nice guy and all but drat, that first encounter.
that was scary but the shark at the beach and the other shark in the later level with the big tanker were worse. I felt like that one just swam out of nowhere unavoidably sometimes and murdered you and I was so loving scared!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

that was scary but the shark at the beach and the other shark in the later level with the big tanker were worse. I felt like that one just swam out of nowhere unavoidably sometimes and murdered you and I was so loving scared!!

poo poo, didn't DK64 have a shark or pirahnas or something very similar?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i found the bigass quiet water level in dk64 very creepy and unsettling

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Bobnumerotres posted:

i found the bigass quiet water level in dk64 very creepy and unsettling

Ash Lake

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I thought Ash Lake was very calming. If I was going to build a little fort somewhere in Dark Souls I think it might be there

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

fozzy fosbourne posted:

I thought Ash Lake was very calming. If I was going to build a little fort somewhere in Dark Souls I think it might be there

just me and sieglinde

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

SM64Guy posted:

just me and sieglinde

hey babe ... do those legs go all the way across

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

“I went to the lake because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. I did not wish to live what was not life, living is so dear; nor did I wish to practise resignation, unless it was quite necessary. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life, to live so sturdily and Spartan-like as to put to rout all that was not life, to cut a broad swath and shave close, to drive life into a corner, and reduce it to its lowest terms. tongue but hole”
― Henry David Thoreau, Ash: Or, Life by the Lake

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

piranha plant boss in yossy island

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ristolaz posted:

Turn your playstation 2 disk over, lmfao. *busts out a really loud Ha! but then my throat dries up and I start swallowing really hard and rubbing my neck and then I run away*

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ristolaz posted:

Wormskull posted:

Turn your playstation 2 disk over, lmfao. *busts out a really loud Ha! but then my throat dries up and I start swallowing really hard and rubbing my neck and then I run away*

Lol at both of these

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

https://twitter.com/sassfatima/status/692534015954436096

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

How do you embed a tweet.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Oh uhh, never mind I guess.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

This isn't scary. I'd put my loving DICK in this thing if i saw it.

Link, the condom you were wearing is GONE!

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Friday the 13th on NES, when Jason pops out of loving nowhere

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I'm pretty sure I deleted my own save file when I got to the end of Earthbound because I couldn't handle playing that part.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
towards the end of Run Like Hell hallways start to show up that are made of alien meat and it took the game forcing me to go down one to get me to enter one

i'm surprised dead space didn't do the same thing since dead space and run like hell share so much

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Phantasium posted:

I'm pretty sure I deleted my own save file when I got to the end of Earthbound because I couldn't handle playing that part.

i played eb for the first time as a grown rear end man and the final dungeon made me really anxious

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

i played eb for the first time as a grown rear end man and the final dungeon made me really anxious

good

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Phantasium posted:

your a pussy bro

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Phantasium posted:

a bad attempt at hiding that you pirated Earthbound

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

it was more that the whole game up to that point had been really silly and lighthearted and then your brains have to be put into robot bodies just to survive the journey and you wake up in this totally bleak hosed up world, knowing theres no turning back. god eb is good

BiG TrUcKs !!!
Feb 25, 2007

My life is the most blessed and most cursed in existence (blessed spiritually, cursed physically)
Mario is scary.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wrong thread lol

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

qnqnx posted:

a bad attempt at hiding that you pirated Earthbound

Nah that poo poo was easy as hell to buy back when it came out, since it sold like crap and was in bargain bins everywhere, I was just lucky to know a few kids with Nintendo Power subscriptions that could tell me it was a cool game.

Also used to get scared shitless at Treasure of the Deep since the crappy PS1 draw distance meant things could just pop up at you and the ocean is fuckin' scary. Especially in videogame land where there's a Bermuda Triangle level where an alien ship attacks you out of nowhere. Then there's the Dreamcast Ecco game where one of the first big enemies is a giant fuckin' shark that bites you in half. gently caress underwater games.

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
When you lost your last ship in super battleship for the SNES you were treated to a jarring, nightmare inducing cacophony. I didn't want to play that game anymore.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Doctor Goat posted:

towards the end of Run Like Hell hallways start to show up that are made of alien meat and it took the game forcing me to go down one to get me to enter one

i'm surprised dead space didn't do the same thing since dead space and run like hell share so much

I always wondered if anyone who worked on Dead Space was inspired by Blue Stinger.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

dead space was totally inspired by system shock 2, it even had a couple bits straight out of it like the hydroponics bay i think it was

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

it was more that the whole game up to that point had been really silly and lighthearted and then your brains have to be put into robot bodies just to survive the journey and you wake up in this totally bleak hosed up world, knowing theres no turning back. god eb is good

this is exactly how i feel waking up every day

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

No. 9 from Parasite Eve 2

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

down n out posted:

When you lost your last ship in super battleship for the SNES you were treated to a jarring, nightmare inducing cacophony. I didn't want to play that game anymore.

I had the genesis version which ended up being harder so this happened to me often. it was a cool game.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
The silent hunter u-boat games had an option where you can turn off external camera and when (not if) they sink you it really makes you realize how much more it would suck to die like that.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

This as well as the hand.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wormskull posted:

Crap!... Crazy Frog Racer 2 again?!

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Playing Axiom Verge today I was pretty creeped out by a place that kind of mimics a glitched out 'out of bounds' Metroid map. I think metroid had a profound effect on me as a child.

• Locked thread