Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
What if Nintendo made trophies/achievements for virutal console games? Assuming they're actually good trophies/achievements what are some games you'd stop everything to 100%?

For me I'd have to do Super Metroid, LTTP, Super Mario 64, OOT, MM, and Mario World right away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
They should make it like the trophies and trophy room from SSBM imo

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I can understand why Nintendo doesn't implement cheevos but it'd still be nice to have some way of showing of your gaming goals. I guess Activity Log will have to do

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Mario & Luigi Dream Team and Paper Jam have achievement-type things that give you in-game rewards

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Gigante posted:

Mario & Luigi Dream Team and Paper Jam have achievement-type things that give you in-game rewards

Most of their games have something similar these days.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It would be a good excuse to play Zero Mission four more times.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Complete Mario 64 in under 10 A presses (10 stars)
Complete Mario 64 in 1/2 A presses (50 stars)

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bobnumerotres posted:

Complete Mario 64 in under 10 A presses (10 stars)
Complete Mario 64 in 1/2 A presses (50 stars)

Platinum: Complete Mario 64 in 0 A presses (0% achieved)

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
having cool/creative achievements in super metroid like get super missiles early for example or something would be FUCKawesome. Nintendo if your reading this... :pray:

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

In Training posted:

Most of their games have something similar these days.

Ya, it just isnt as rewarding gor whatever reason to me when they're not all universal. Id have definitely beaten that final level in 3D World by now if it was on my home screen mocking me... I think Im gonna give it another go tonight...

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

That survey thing about the NX had something about chievos on it. It might be total bullshit so don't make any major financial or life decsions just yet

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

nintendo nx possible spoiler

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

the wii u part 2

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
They took two generations to finally add acceptable online play so no big shocker it took the same amount of time to add cheevos

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

tumor looking batty posted:

the wii u part 2

The Super Wii NES

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

The Super Wiin

Comedy option The Super Wiid :D :D

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE

Black Baby Goku posted:

They should make it like the trophies and trophy room from SSBM imo

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

fozzy fosbourne posted:

nintendo nx possible spoiler

sounds good

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Austrian mook posted:

What if Nintendo made trophies/achievements for virutal console games? Assuming they're actually good trophies/achievements what are some games you'd stop everything to 100%?

For me I'd have to do Super Metroid, LTTP, Super Mario 64, OOT, MM, and Mario World right away
sony patented shoving cheevos into old code for the ps2 on ps4 poo poo recently :(

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

The Kins posted:

sony patented shoving cheevos into old code for the ps2 on ps4 poo poo recently :(

Like just for the ps2? I dont see how they could prevent Nintendo from doing stuff with their own intelectual property.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

The Kins posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i probably wouldn't both with them, much like i do with other consoles and games

• Locked thread