Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Guzzlord is hilarious as a one-trick pony, and whether or not you can beat it depends entirely on whether or not you can stall long enough to either hit 210(240?) damage or bring out something with more than 180(210?) HP and two-shot it.

While we're in the golden zone of having both Strong Energy and Diancie Prism until rotation, there's a lot of good Fighting decks that pound it into the ground (Lucario, Buzzwole, the new Fighting-type Garchomp), so I don't think it'll do too well at events, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Because if you're not running a Fighting deck that comes online super fast you're dead. It's bullshit to have to play against, like Night March.

EDIT: It feels like not banning Mewtwo in Gen 1.

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...

Captain Fargle posted:

Because if you're not running a Fighting deck that comes online super fast you're dead. It's bullshit to have to play against, like Night March.

EDIT: It feels like not banning Mewtwo in Gen 1.
There are plenty of other options. Like Hoopa, Alolan Ninetales... All the mulligans between when they start and when they actually get a Guzzlord-GX...

EDIT: What deck or decks specifically are you playing that is having trouble with Guzzlord-GX?

Lorak fucked around with this message at 12:20 on May 8, 2018

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Lorak posted:

There are plenty of other options. Like Hoopa, Alolan Ninetales... All the mulligans between when they start and when they actually get a Guzzlord-GX...

EDIT: What deck or decks specifically are you playing that is having trouble with Guzzlord-GX?

Everything that isn't Crabominable.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Captain Fargle posted:

That's not an answer.

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...

Captain Fargle posted:

Beedrill rush will definitely have some issues in this match-up, but your heavy Nest Ball counts should be able to bring out the best against Guzzlord-GX.

That said, if you'd like to be more specific than a near-infinite number of decks excluding an smaller subgroup of decks that use Crabominable, I'd be glad to provide some more custom-tailored advice. After all, many decks run Tapu Lele GX, Double Colorless Energy, and Choice Band... Oranguru ,DCE and Max Elixir... lots of combos in a pinch.

Lorak fucked around with this message at 20:59 on May 8, 2018

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Lorak posted:

Beedrill rush will definitely have some issues in this match-up, but your heavy Nest Ball counts should be able to bring out the best against Guzzlord-GX.

That said, if you'd like to be more specific than a near-infinite number of decks excluding an smaller subgroup of decks that use Crabominable, I'd be glad to provide some more custom-tailored advice. After all, many decks run Tapu Lele GX, Double Colorless Energy, and Choice Band... Oranguru ,DCE and Max Elixir... lots of combos in a pinch.

I don't have any Leles but I hadn't thought of Oranguru. It can fit into just about every deck as well so I might start just throwing them around even when I'm not running the sort of deck that normally uses it's Ability.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

Captain Fargle posted:

Is there a recommended place to shop if I wanted to bulk buy a bunch of codes? I'd really like one of those new Prism Star Diancies for my Crabominable deck.

https://deaddrawgaming.com/collections/ptcgo-code-cards

I've never had a problem with this guy or ebay

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK YOUR HAND IN THE TV DO IT DO IT DO IT

So a supposedly new card binder I bought for MTG (it was in the wrapper, weirdly) had like, 60 Pokemon cards in JP and ENG in it. Mostly foils, too, some of them worth actual money. I have little interest in the game, so where would be the ideal place to sell these without being ripped off? And where can I find the pricing that the community uses (kinda like how most people go by TCGPlayer mid price in Magic)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

I'm pretty sure TCGPlayer also tracks Pokémon, so that would work just fine

• Locked thread