Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Lets compile a brief summary of all the ones we have read here, so that people can not read them in the future!

I haven't ever read any contract literally ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
I read the first 4 of like 15 pages of my car insurance document and I just can't do it any more, it's a skill to write that boringly.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I hate how legislation is so cross referencing and dependent like you can't just read a thing that says "it's always illegal to do X" because another piece of law somewhere where else will say "that is always true except here" so unless you know all of the law simultaneously then it's literally impossible to get anywhere or understand anything

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
The literal only thing I agree with conservatives about is that laws are just way to loving complicated. Though thats just in theory, modern American conservatives in reality actually love vague generalized laws that don't effect them.

There are lots of laws that say poo poo like "This is illegal unless mentioned in $4.2891.312" and they don't have a hyperlink to whatever the gently caress that other text is. They really should just get some good web developers.

But back on topic, all this poo poo is probably confusing on purpose.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
at least the law in this country online is all hypertext

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
I get another year long visa to NZ in October so if Trump wins I'll just crash on your couch until the world ends (2-3 mo tops)

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
sounds like the go mate

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
im also going to move to nz but im going to live with my friend barons

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
the new zealand goon dota house. that could either be really awkward or you could have a twitch.tv career in the making

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

go work on a farm for no pay, mate

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

go work on a farm for no pay, mate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd9OhYroLN0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Stereotype posted:

But back on topic, all this poo poo is probably confusing on purpose.

england noticed this was a problem in the 1700s and completely reformed the legal code so that more than 3 people in the country would understand it

since then lawyers in the empire and its former colonies have been working hard to fix this problem

• Locked thread