Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

GateOfD posted:

i did like the joke of the maid trying to make the bed for Kazuma while he was still in it.

Delusions of grandeur creeper Kazuma is the best, because the karma for it comes back wonderfully fast. As soon as the posing starts it's just going to end badly, and more importantly, hilariously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008

pointlessone posted:

Delusions of grandeur creeper Kazuma is the best, because the karma for it comes back wonderfully fast. As soon as the posing starts it's just going to end badly, and more importantly, hilariously.

The punchline for that scene has been one of my favourite of the entire show

The look of scorn from Darkness throughout especially

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Kevino07 posted:

Megumin is disappointed, Aqua is upset, but Darkness? Darkness knew exactly what to expect from Kazuma, and just wants to make it clear that she has no respect for him at this moment.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

chiasaur11 posted:

Megumin is disappointed, Aqua is upset, but Darkness? Darkness knew exactly what to expect from Kazuma, and just wants to make it clear that she has no respect for him at this moment.

And that's why Megumin wins, because she basically admits that his weird flagrant nature is part of his charm.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Seeing Darkness being so level-headed and responsible in her noble-mode, you remember that she's likely the kindest and most well-adjusted of the party...when she's not being consumed by her 'proclivities'.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Sephyr posted:

Seeing Darkness being so level-headed and responsible in her noble-mode, you remember that she's likely the kindest and most well-adjusted of the party...when she's not being consumed by her 'proclivities'.

Yeah but that's all just a mask she wears - remember that her Crusader persona is closer to what she wants to be, her noble mode is just how she was trained as a noble's daughter. She puts on the mask later in the series/novels more to help the party, but its not who she wants to be.

She likes and prefers her masochistic perverted ways. And its why Kazuma doesn't seek a relationship with her and rejects her in the LN, because she's too unhinged in her normal, prefered state, beautiful though she may be

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Apr 27, 2024

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
darkness is jealous because he forced her to be a maid and didnt do that poo poo to her

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

Yeah but that's all just a mask she wears - remember that her Crusader persona is closer to what she wants to be, her noble mode is just how she was trained as a noble's daughter. She puts on the mask later in the series/novels more to help the party, but its not who she wants to be.

She likes and prefers her masochistic perverted ways. And its why Kazuma doesn't seek a relationship with her and rejects her in the LN, because she's too unhinged in her normal, prefered state, beautiful though she may be

tbf the kind and level-headed(when she isn't Activated) part of her isn't an act, just the stuffy Proper Lady part.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Yinlock posted:

tbf the kind and level-headed(when she isn't Activated) part of her isn't an act, just the stuffy Proper Lady part.

Yeah but that's my point - that is how she was trained to act. Nobody acts noble naturally

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 30 days!)

isn't that how everything is. public/work persona is different from your lazing around self

Megumin and Darkness don't know Aqua's identity right? She's just the blue haired useless idiot that Kazuma seems to allow to stick around. oh right I remember she has a rare class on her card.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
You think an actual Goddess could ever be that useless? Don't kid yourself.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Nalin posted:

You think an actual Goddess could ever be that useless? Don't kid yourself.

When she's not wasted and not with the squad, ironically she is excellent at construction.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
Is it perhaps worth making clear which spoilers are from the end of the novels vs the latest episode?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

CommieGIR posted:

Yeah but that's my point - that is how she was trained to act. Nobody acts noble naturally

Tell that to Daigoro Itto. Kid was samurai before he could walk.

It's an artificial distinction anyway. Something being learned doesn't make it less part of you, considering even animals need to learn most of their tricks.

captain innocuous
Apr 7, 2009
IIRC, at this point they have told the group that Aqua is a goddess, but megumin and darkness don't believe her. Which is understandable.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

you said "that's all" though which i thought included the kind part and she's been shown genuinely wanting to defend people. hell the proper lady isn't entirely fake either but it's obvious when she's playing it up and is uncomfortable doing so.

darkness has many layers, unfortunately none of them can fuckin hit the broad side of a barn

A jargogle posted:

Is it perhaps worth making clear which spoilers are from the end of the novels vs the latest episode?

yeah this should probably be a rule

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Apr 27, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

they want shady
May 11, 2013
great episode of Kazuma being the worst

Kevino07 posted:

This was good. What got me the hardest, though, was the dawning realization in the scene where Iris is opening up and Kazuma clings really hard to being called onii-chan. Also him doing the creeper hand motion while gesturing the servant near the start when he wants to ask if this counts as kidnapping.

Darkness playing the actual, responsible adult since she comes from this sort of life and not really wanting to be part of it is fun, and also Aqua and Megumin going along with Kazuma's plan instantly because of the grub. Good ep with good stuff all around.

A jargogle posted:

As someone who hasn't read the LNs I'd appreciate it. I read the spoiler and it wasn't too big a deal to me (I think the movie made it pretty clear that the series was gonna go in that direction) but it'd be nice to have a heads up on what the spoiler bars are about since we're in the middle of a new season.