Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
i tried installing rockbox on my sansa today and it was ugly and clunky + clogged with worthless options and settings, and it sounded like poo poo. i searched for how to fix the lovely sound and got a four-year-old thread on the rockbox forum where someone asked and was told to fix it themselves or file a bug report (in that order). goodbye rockbox!!

well thats my open sores story & i look forward to yours :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Sham bam bamina! posted:

it was ugly and clunky + clogged with worthless options and settings, and it sounded like poo poo.

dont sign your posts

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

rockbox is good, op. if it's ugly theme it to something different. it has suited my needs w/ my ipod classic for many years

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I used to daily drive gentoo

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
Yor mom's pussy.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I also ran rockbox on my ipod nano gen 1. and I would buy CDs so I could rip them into ogg or flac

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i contribute to several open source projects and have somewhere around 10,000 users of my own open source software, op

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

:worship:

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker
its been really good thanks for asking

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Silver Alicorn posted:

I also ran rockbox on my ipod nano gen 1. and I would buy CDs so I could rip them into ogg or flac

:chloe:

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

OldAlias posted:

rockbox is good, op. if it's ugly theme it to something different. it has suited my needs w/ my ipod classic for many years
im sure that it works fine on other devices but the sansa version turns music into muddy garbage with weird mystery crackles

craisins
May 17, 2004

A DRIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!
the first time I linuxed is when I made my mom buy me a boxed copy of Mandrake Linux at Walmart.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

Silver Alicorn posted:

I used to daily drive gentoo

Still do at home :saddowns:

e: :spergin:

There Will Be Penalty
May 18, 2002

Makes a great pet!
i made small contributions to vtwm and fvwm, and got legit paid to do some enhancements to pfsense. maybe some other open sores poo poo but i don't remember.

There Will Be Penalty
May 18, 2002

Makes a great pet!
also bricolage (best cms)

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
my company open sources some of the code I work on so I am in a gross technical sense an open source developer. but I actually get paid for working and don't have to deal with community spergs so it's okay

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
there was a tux mascot in the lobby at work today

=

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

there was a tux mascot in the lobby at work today

=

today is saturday

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

well duh the tux mascot man has to work an actual job at ms during the week, this is just his hobby

pram
Jun 10, 2001
lol

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

obstipator posted:

today is saturday

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
my company is Microsoft all the way down but we do use the free version of vmware player for commercial use

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

I picked a scab, once

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

I had a really itchy rear end for like years and went to the doctor finally and learned I had anal fissures.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

power botton posted:

I had a really itchy rear end for like years and went to the doctor finally and learned I had anal fissures.

did you need medication or surgery? asking for a friend

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

power botton posted:

are those like goon cysts

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

did you need medication or surgery? asking for a friend

medication and no sex for a few weeks

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
I installed a linux in a vm and I clicked some things then shut it down and deleted it.

This is a thing I do like once a year to see if there's any new reason to switch to it and the answer is always no.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
i invented android

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

power botton posted:

medication and no sex for a few weeks
that second part was no problem, i assume

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

I'm running a thing on debian running in Virtualbox.

In production. #lol #yolo #itsfreesoftware

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
boom

bam

roasted

you got spope'd

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

i wrote a few programs at work that are up on the company github so i guess it's technically open sores

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

Space-Pope posted:

boom

bam

roasted

you got spope'd

your only roasting yourself with this post