Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How many quarters after Q1 2016 till Marissa Mayer is unemployed?
1 or fewer
Her job is guaranteed; what are you even talking about?
View Results

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

duz posted:

Or at least how they're supposed to fix it, in real life however...

It looks like the same thing except without the screw in the first picture. I assume the dumbfuck unscrewed it off because nobody is gonna tell me how I use my CYBERTRUCK.

E: bad snipe here's a doggo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Boris Galerkin posted:

It looks like the same thing except without the screw in the first picture. I assume the dumbfuck unscrewed it off because nobody is gonna tell me how I use my CYBERTRUCK.

Except in this one, the rivet missed the pedal cover because it already has slipped free of the glue.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
how do we know the bolt is a actually bolted in? or how long it is? like my current cheap POS office chair has this one loose screw thats the short as hell and barely threads into where it keeps getting loose from.

hell musk could have order them just to have button caps glued on.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

duz posted:

Except in this one, the rivet missed the pedal cover because it already has slipped free of the glue.

lmao didn't see that. They must have the same quality control procedures that Boeing uses.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe
If that DuckDuckGo person is still looking at this thread: I was just searching some information about a specific type of cactus. The beta LLM summary thing popped up, I clicked it, and it proceeded to give me inaccurate information pulled from the general cactus Wikipedia article. Also while this isn't really DDG's fault, most of the first page of results was also LLM slop (here's a hint, if I'm searching for information about a cactus species whose entire habitat is on protected land, that only thrives in extremely specific conditions, you probably shouldn't make up an article about how I should care for it in my home). It did not prove helpful in any way and just irritated me even more than the average search experience.

Jesus III
May 23, 2007
If my 100k vehicle was fixed with a loving screw, I'd be pissed.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Jesus III posted:

Sounds like you already got the screw if you paid $100k for it

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Jesus III posted:

This is the thing that blows my mind. You could get so many better options for a $100k "look at my money" car. You can get a loving Porsche Taycan for less if you still want an EV for slightly less than a top of the line Tesla S Plaid (finding an actual price is annoying because they won't really commit to a real price by handwaving "gas savings" and tax credits, which is almost certainly against sticker price laws, but they're around 100k). The Macan is $78k if you need an EV SUV.

BMW's EV offerings start at $50k, same with Mercedes. I just don't get it. The reality distortion field around Tesla is too strong. Thankfully that seems to be breaking.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Apparently you can't wash the Cybertruck without putting it into a special car wash mode, which makes no sense because "rain" is a thing that exists. The most nightmare thing is that it takes five hours to reboot the car. Yes you read right: five. It takes five hours to reboot the car lol and lmao.

https://jalopnik.com/tesla-cybertruck-no-match-for-car-wash-1851417011

quote:

A call with Tesla confirmed that the truck had needed a complete reboot which took over five hours of sitting to complete. From the moment he’d initiated the reboot method of holding down two steering wheel buttons, the truck was apparently working on a reboot until some time in the middle of the night.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Crain posted:

This is the thing that blows my mind. You could get so many better options for a $100k "look at my money" car. You can get a loving Porsche Taycan for less if you still want an EV for slightly less than a top of the line Tesla S Plaid (finding an actual price is annoying because they won't really commit to a real price by handwaving "gas savings" and tax credits, which is almost certainly against sticker price laws, but they're around 100k). The Macan is $78k if you need an EV SUV.

BMW's EV offerings start at $50k, same with Mercedes. I just don't get it. The reality distortion field around Tesla is too strong. Thankfully that seems to be breaking.

doesnt Tesla do its own inhouse(or partnered) financing?(oh and insurance)

lol at the tesla ecosystem of poo poo. also those califonia engineers say you should wipe your madmax ready cybertruck with a microfiber cloth dry asap as it gets wet.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Boris Galerkin posted:

Apparently you can't wash the Cybertruck without putting it into a special car wash mode, which makes no sense because "rain" is a thing that exists.
Ah, but it's worse than that. Taking it through a carwash voids your warranty, per the TikToker who posted about it.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Cybertruck comes prewashed from the factory.

ephori
Sep 1, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Ah, but it's worse than that. Taking it through a carwash voids your warranty, per the TikToker who posted about it.

why would they ever need a wash when they’ve already been rinsed

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Boris Galerkin posted:

Apparently you can't wash the Cybertruck without putting it into a special car wash mode, which makes no sense because "rain" is a thing that exists. The most nightmare thing is that it takes five hours to reboot the car. Yes you read right: five. It takes five hours to reboot the car lol and lmao.

https://jalopnik.com/tesla-cybertruck-no-match-for-car-wash-1851417011

I bet the 'reboot' was actually the car calling home and some henchman of Elon going through error reports and disabling the warnings one by one.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Obviously the Cybertrucks AI is so intelligent and human like, it decided to binge watch its favourite show for four hours and fifty-eight minutes, before finally, begrudgingly getting around to doing the two minute reboot.

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran

dr_rat posted:

Obviously the Cybertrucks AI is so intelligent and human like, it decided to binge watch its favourite show for four hours and fifty-eight minutes, before finally, begrudgingly getting around to doing the two minute reboot.

Every instance of a Cybertruck contains Murderbot? Checks out.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
I could very easily make it up there in a Corolla.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Kestral posted:

Every instance of a Cybertruck contains Murderbot? Checks out.

This book keeps coming up around me after a podcast I follow did a book club about it, and I should really take the hint reality keeps giving me and reading it.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Neito posted:

This book keeps coming up around me after a podcast I follow did a book club about it, and I should really take the hint reality keeps giving me and reading it.

They’re pretty good books: funny, but with a surprisingly deep emotional core. It’s not just meme fodder.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

To go actually off-roading on an EV would be a very good idea. Just one dent from a rock or stump to the battery and your $100k car now only has scrap or heat value.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Countdown to the next mega forest fire started by some idiot carbonizing their Cybertruck?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Neito posted:

Countdown to the next mega forest fire started by some idiot carbonizing their Cybertruck?

finally, a worthy competitor to gender reveals

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

woke kaczynski posted:

If that DuckDuckGo person is still looking at this thread: I was just searching some information about a specific type of cactus. The beta LLM summary thing popped up, I clicked it, and it proceeded to give me inaccurate information pulled from the general cactus Wikipedia article. Also while this isn't really DDG's fault, most of the first page of results was also LLM slop (here's a hint, if I'm searching for information about a cactus species whose entire habitat is on protected land, that only thrives in extremely specific conditions, you probably shouldn't make up an article about how I should care for it in my home). It did not prove helpful in any way and just irritated me even more than the average search experience.

Still here :) Would you mind telling me what your query was? We're trying to keep track of these sorts of issues.

The issue with LLM-generated SEO poo poo is bothering me too. I don't think we have any specific recourse beyond reporting it to Microsoft. I have to imagine all of the search engines are dealing with this - I haven't tried any others to confirm, but it seems existential to get it under control.

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

At least this way my kill will have some use
Dinosaur Gum

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Doesn't that run afoul of warranty laws? I thought you were protected from things like that or other minor changes voiding the warranty.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

I still do not understand how community notes has not gotten axed

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

They’re pretty good books: funny, but with a surprisingly deep emotional core. It’s not just meme fodder.

They're fun books and I enjoy them, just don't expect Capital L Literature.

Barrel Cactaur
Oct 6, 2021

Volmarias posted:

I still do not understand how community notes has not gotten axed.

The world's most stable genius turned it off on his own posts after a day long meltdown where he got called out for spreading misinformation.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

dalstrs posted:

Doesn't that run afoul of warranty laws? I thought you were protected from things like that or other minor changes voiding the warranty.

I think it depends on what, explicitly, is in the warranty. That said, I would argue that "Can be driven in weather" would fall under the implied warranty of usability, but IANAL.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe

shoeberto posted:

Still here :) Would you mind telling me what your query was? We're trying to keep track of these sorts of issues.

The issue with LLM-generated SEO poo poo is bothering me too. I don't think we have any specific recourse beyond reporting it to Microsoft. I have to imagine all of the search engines are dealing with this - I haven't tried any others to confirm, but it seems existential to get it under control.

I was trying to learn more about this cactus native to the Galápagos islands, specifically the symbiosis with fungi around their root systems. I don't remember the exact query I used, but the summary would only talk about how cacti generally photosynthesize through their stems, which is neat but not what I was actually trying to find information about.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

i've handled hairier roads in my nissan versa doing power pole pre-construction surveys

as a land manager for years now, the number of times i've absolutely needed a 4 wheel drive high clearance vehicle for access somewhere i can still count on 1 hand, and during those conditions members of the public would be banned anyway. but i guess my parks get a bunch of revenue from car companies filming commercials on our trails, all selling the myth that the public needs monster trucks to experience the outdoors, so i don't have much room to complain

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

dalstrs posted:

If Tesla cared about laws the company probably wouldn't exist at this point. The Cyberfuck sure as hell wouldn't.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah the thing with all the fuckery involving Tesla cars and trucks is that somebody has to take them to court over it, they aren't the kind of laws that have people enforcing them, and Elon stans are obviously not going to take Tesla motors to court over their warranty being invalidated, they're going to smile and buy a new cybertruck. Also Tesla can afford much better lawyers than you so you'd have to go class action, and again, Elon stans.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Is there no equivalent to the ACCC?

Vooze
Oct 29, 2011

The Lone Badger posted:

Is there no equivalent to the ACCC?

This is the closest a cursory google could get me: https://www.ftc.gov/about-ftc/bureaus-offices/bureau-consumer-protection

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
Freeze! BCP!