Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

TheScott2K posted:

If anyone in southeastern VA wants a Fanatec bundle without dealing with Fanatec send me a PM.

Last mention, I promise. Here's an SA-Mart link. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4058266

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

I’m debating selling my TR-80 Lite rig. GT seat (with sliding adjusters), casters (never used them), single monitor mount.

I don’t race very much and it’s taking up a lot of space. Biggest problem would be delivery? I’d probably only do local pickup (South Carolina region?) because for me to box this thing up would cost an insane amount.

I paid just over $1K in early 2023 for it. Not sure if anyone is interested.

Douchebag fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Apr 17, 2024

meowmeowmeowmeow
Jan 4, 2017
Where do you live? Pretty key info for local pickup only.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Ahhh poo poo sorry, forgot that.

South Carolina.

If there was interest I’d work something out to meet halfway or whatever.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

Hmm, I'm in the market, and just up in NC, but even used I think that setup might be a bit out of my budget. I was looking at doing the seat add-on for the gtomega I have.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Fingat posted:

Hmm, I'm in the market, and just up in NC, but even used I think that setup might be a bit out of my budget. I was looking at doing the seat add-on for the gtomega I have.

Here's my words.. that seat is good (for the classic right?) and well worth it's $80-90 (I'd 100% also suggest the extra 40 for a set of lovely amazon seat sliders if you're going junkyard chair vs seat and frame from GTO) It still doesn't compare to an 8020 rig if you can swing it.

I had a knock-off gtomega so my experience might be different but my biggest issue with that style stand is the uprights really don't have a lot of support and they can get right floppy during races even with only my CSL elite (Possibly fixed with the $50 add-on of the upright supports when you buy the seat frame). You also have some adjustability but with my 6ft frame I was struggling to find a place where the pedals and wheel were in the right position. This is because in order to get the wheel closer to my body it also had to go up or I had to tilt it at a weird angle that couldn't be compensated by the tray. It served me well for the 2 months I used it while waiting to see if I was one of the folks that my company was laying off in it's reorg plan but after using it for those 2 months I quickly jumped to a rig.

If it's what is in your budget it will make you happier than using a wheel stand and office/gaming chair (especially with LC brakes, my forearms stopped hurting due to having to hold myself from sliding while braking) . If it's a matter of maybe waiting a little longer until it is in budget.... I'd consider stacking that cash for a rig.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

What website do you all recommend for downloading tracks for Assetto Corsa? I was trying to use the AC Content Manager App, but it is really janky and wouldn't work for me.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

RaceDepartment haven’t completely hosed up the site and removed the mod section yet so there.

oXDemosthenesXo
May 9, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Seconding Race Department. The website is clunky but has a huge selection of mods.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

I said come in! posted:

What website do you all recommend for downloading tracks for Assetto Corsa? I was trying to use the AC Content Manager App, but it is really janky and wouldn't work for me.

You'll find pretty much anything in here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UcjQGfjGOAzGPf2VqraRgZsKHmZiTqWJmrnMHHh323A/edit?usp=sharing

Keep in mind though that this list goes for completeness not curation, a lot of those are bad to mediocre conversions imo.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

tater_salad posted:

Here's my words.. that seat is good (for the classic right?) and well worth it's $80-90 (I'd 100% also suggest the extra 40 for a set of lovely amazon seat sliders if you're going junkyard chair vs seat and frame from GTO) It still doesn't compare to an 8020 rig if you can swing it.

I had a knock-off gtomega so my experience might be different but my biggest issue with that style stand is the uprights really don't have a lot of support and they can get right floppy during races even with only my CSL elite (Possibly fixed with the $50 add-on of the upright supports when you buy the seat frame). You also have some adjustability but with my 6ft frame I was struggling to find a place where the pedals and wheel were in the right position. This is because in order to get the wheel closer to my body it also had to go up or I had to tilt it at a weird angle that couldn't be compensated by the tray. It served me well for the 2 months I used it while waiting to see if I was one of the folks that my company was laying off in it's reorg plan but after using it for those 2 months I quickly jumped to a rig.

If it's what is in your budget it will make you happier than using a wheel stand and office/gaming chair (especially with LC brakes, my forearms stopped hurting due to having to hold myself from sliding while braking) . If it's a matter of maybe waiting a little longer until it is in budget.... I'd consider stacking that cash for a rig.

Good points, but I just spent a wad upgrading to DD so I figured just getting the add on to the omega would be a better route.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

It's a good route. Id highly recommend the side braces if you don't have them already. I never realized how floppity it was until I had the seat attachment

I mean here's the deal. The seat is transferable so really if you decide to upgrade In a few months you're only out the cost of the add on base.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

GhostDog posted:

You'll find pretty much anything in here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UcjQGfjGOAzGPf2VqraRgZsKHmZiTqWJmrnMHHh323A/edit?usp=sharing

Keep in mind though that this list goes for completeness not curation, a lot of those are bad to mediocre conversions imo.

Yeah that is always my biggest concern with user created content. Anyone of course would want to only download tracks & cars that are actually accurate and well done. It can be difficult though to trust what you're downloading.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

I said come in! posted:

Yeah that is always my biggest concern with user created content. Anyone of course would want to only download tracks & cars that are actually accurate and well done. It can be difficult though to trust what you're downloading.

Yeah it takes some effort to find the good stuff. Cream of the crop are LilSki, Fat-Alfie, Johnr777 and Reboot Team imo.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

LA Canyons from Phoenix77 is a must have.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
An old version of Targa Florio is free, and fully drivable but the paid version via Abulzz's pattern is much much more complete and in constant development and is a great way to waste an hour in a classic 911 RSR

pentium166
Oct 15, 2012
I bought a full GT Omega Classic set piecemeal throughout 2021 and I'm just now finding out that there are official wheel stand side braces

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

GhostDog posted:

Yeah it takes some effort to find the good stuff. Cream of the crop are LilSki, Fat-Alfie, Johnr777 and Reboot Team imo.

This proved to be an awesome list, thank you! I really want to get into the modding community for assetto corsa.