Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flyin Jim Elbows
Jul 10, 2008

College Slice

stump collector posted:

Nah I meant defense, 270ap is indeed tough. You'll get to 61 and 1100ish skillpoints relatively quickly with the right buffs/quests/etc and you'll start doing a lot more damage with your current gear.

I went and grabbed some Nesser gear and that put me up to 190. That combined with those cron meals from the event gave me enough AP to get through that part of the quest. Crazy how much of a difference 10 AP can make

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Cool, the nesser gear also might have higher accuracy and monster damage than what you had before. Also 130 awakening AP on archer is kind of poor, fixing that should help you breeze through most areas. I think 200ish/250 should clear almost any of the lower tier spots in the game. Your next big goal is softcap, or 253/296 I believe. That's when you can start to so the hard spots and make crazy money

Edit. I'm more of a life skiller so if you have questions on that I can help out more. I'm bad at grinding

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

stump collector posted:

Cool, the nesser gear also might have higher accuracy and monster damage than what you had before. Also 130 awakening AP on archer is kind of poor, fixing that should help you breeze through most areas. I think 200ish/250 should clear almost any of the lower tier spots in the game. Your next big goal is softcap, or 253/296 I believe. That's when you can start to so the hard spots and make crazy money

Edit. I'm more of a life skiller so if you have questions on that I can help out more. I'm bad at grinding

Well 250ap gear also probably costs a thousand times as much as 130ap gear so it might be quite a grind before a newbie can get there.

If it's a season character you should be able to pretty easily get a TRI tuvala weapon though and get your awakening ap to about the same level as your main weapon.

Flyin Jim Elbows
Jul 10, 2008

College Slice
Yeah the Nesser gear brought my awakening AP up to 190ish. I'm guessing awakening AP is how much damage my greatbow skills do? Regardless of what it actually does things are going a lot smoother now. I'm on to the area after Kamasylvia now.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Is there any way to simplify the combat? I really like how it plays, it just feels like there's WAY too many abilities/combos, and trying to remember how to do all of them is super overwhelming. Having main attack, secondary attack, and then 3 "ability" attacks, with directional AND shift modifiers on them is loving crazy.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Manxome Foe posted:

Is there any way to simplify the combat? I really like how it plays, it just feels like there's WAY too many abilities/combos, and trying to remember how to do all of them is super overwhelming. Having main attack, secondary attack, and then 3 "ability" attacks, with directional AND shift modifiers on them is loving crazy.

Play a class that uses fewer skills in normal combat or just figure out which skills are the best and use those? Guardian I hear is very simple, and witch/wizard are very simple in awakening if you don't count swaps to staff.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
You'll find that some skills aren't worth using, and there's also quite a few skills that are bad enough that you'll actually want to lock them (via using the lock icon) to prevent even using them accidently.

Most of the popular classes probably average around 4 actives that they cycle through I think (with easy to transition between keys).
e.g. Lahn Awakening would be cycling ↑+F, ↓+RMB, LMB+RMB and sometimes to your preference ↑+RMB or SHIFT+RMB
e.g. Guardian Awakening is ↑+F into SHIFT+F & cycling SHIFT+RMB or SHIFT+Q

With more difficult content that doesn't get oneshot as then you actually need to consider the attack modifiers (back/down/aerial) and sequencing suddenly matters (and you might need to use more skills that debuff). Other classes (usually the older ones) can require more keyboard smashing even before this point.

lurksion fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Aug 7, 2020

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
I did 1-62 on my Mystic with a combination of RMB, Shift-RMB, and sometimes Shift-Q. That's literally it. Guardian wasn't much different, just some W+RMB or something like that. If you don't want to PvP you really don't have to memorize much.

I hear Witch can do 1-56 using just Shift-RMB.

Sheep fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Aug 7, 2020

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

just look up bread and butter combos is what everyone is saying

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Manxome Foe posted:

play Shai and hold right mouse button imo

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

https://blackdesert.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016203938-Transfer-of-Service-FAQ

In case you care about your account in this game, they're transferring providers next year and you have to manually migrate.

anothergod
Apr 11, 2016

I bought this on a whim for my PS4, and now I am jonesing for real time action MMORPG grinding on my PC. Is this alive or what? Also, what's up w/ the transfer from this company to Pearl Abyss? Is that a good or bad thing...

kitten
Feb 6, 2003

anothergod posted:

Also, what's up w/ the transfer from this company to Pearl Abyss? Is that a good or bad thing...
The current developer will now also be publisher. I'm not concerned by this move, people said it didn't affect MENA adversely.

The game itself is very alive. If you start on pc, a seasonal character is a path to gear faster and more easily. The guild itself exists and has guild buffs, but I don't see discussion in guild chat most days.

kitten fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Jan 23, 2021

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
I'm guessing there will be a reward for going through with the account transfer, so maybe create an account now instead of next week.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

If someone wants to write a new OP, it's probably about due since a lot has changed, and we're about to change publishers. Otherwise, I'll probably do it next week once this 50% drop rate event ends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

if you have played this game in the past and care about your account, you must manually apply to have your account transfer before May 31 or your account will be permanently deleted:siren:. Details here, with a bunch of rewards you can get if you do so and decide you want to play again.

Also new thread here https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3957550