Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The best Triumph bit will probably always be the Attack of the Clones premiere.

I liked his panel of experts that had Blackwolf and the chocolate rain one hit wonder guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

etalian posted:

laughing how all the online sites loved things like the Trump takedowns but then got angry over the trigger warning college student scene.

i mean in fairness one is attacking a megarich presidential candidate and the other is going after well-meaning kids who don't know much better and will end up in debt peonage for their entire lives. more than a little asymmetrical

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Homework Explainer posted:

i mean in fairness one is attacking a megarich presidential candidate and the other is going after well-meaning kids who don't know much better and will end up in debt peonage for their entire lives. more than a little asymmetrical

Triumph wasn't attacking the kids he was attacking the absurdity of the idea.

Jared Kush
Mar 4, 2015

by zen death robot

Homework Explainer posted:

Your butthole is going to be asymmetrical when Bernie is done taxing it.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

T r a v i s posted:

Your butthole is going to be asymmetrical when Bernie is done taxing it.

ok weirdo

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

holy poo poo that entire Cruz bit :laffo:

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Serious question: How do you deal with the inherent contradictions between being a Marxist and working in a field which primarily works within and reinforces the extant power structures of society?

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Wheeee posted:

Serious question: How do you deal with the inherent contradictions between being a Marxist and working in a field which primarily works within and reinforces the extant power structures of society?

this is an odd question for the Triumph the Insult Comic Dog Mega Thread, but i'm not a lifestylist. i know there's no ethical consumption and i know there are myriad ways in which my industry gets things wrong and makes things worse. like at my previous job there was a police shooting and the people covering it were already predisposed to talk to the cops about it and believe their story.

the best i can tell you is working in journalism shows you how the state apparatus disseminates propaganda to unwitting actors, who due to lack of research funds or general laziness (reporters are EXTREMELY LAZY and there are no exceptions to this, i'm lazy and make up for it with pretty writing) don't bother fact-checking. other than getting that kind of inside knowledge, i do my best to stay honest while knowing that doesn't accomplish much by my lonesome. the best thing i could possibly do is unionize my workplace which isn't out of the question

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Triumph the Insult Comic Dog Sends Fake Fox News Girls to Trump Rally

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KORZ8F--crY

:allears:

As much as I detest Huckabee I do have to give him respect for doing that Triumph interview.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
The college kids segment felt a bit stale to me; the "haha look at PC people trapped in a situation where they have to describe a black person" was something I could have sworn I've seen throughout the 90s and early 00s. Yeah, the kids fulfilled expectations and struggled, but it's just shooting fish in a barrel at that point.

The fake Fox News reporters was my favorite sequence, especially the part where they were cutting Christie out of the desk in the background.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Triump the Insult Comic president

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Neeksy posted:

The college kids segment felt a bit stale to me; the "haha look at PC people trapped in a situation where they have to describe a black person" was something I could have sworn I've seen throughout the 90s and early 00s. Yeah, the kids fulfilled expectations and struggled, but it's just shooting fish in a barrel at that point.

The fake Fox News reporters was my favorite sequence, especially the part where they were cutting Christie out of the desk in the background.

There was an interview with Smigel on the Bill Simmons podcast where he commented on basically as much. He said the funny thing with the college students vs everyone else is the students we out of their way to play it straight where everyone else tries to act on camera as they're at least partially in on the joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Bip Roberts posted:

There was an interview with Smigel on the Bill Simmons podcast where he commented on basically as much. He said the funny thing with the college students vs everyone else is the students we out of their way to play it straight where everyone else tries to act on camera as they're at least partially in on the joke.

agreed. its funny, but it drags on for to long. yeah we get the problem/joke. a decent amount the college left are overthinking semi-regressive dips who may hate themselves and half the dudes their (espcialy the ones in the back) are their just to get laid. but they drag it out to long and it stops being funny.

Dapper_Swindler has issued a correction as of 00:41 on Feb 20, 2016

• Locked thread