Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I wish you could swim out and rape them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I actually thought that the twist was gonna be that Henry actually did murder them in the missing days.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My favorite part so far was when I stood on the porch at night watching a fire.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I wish you could swim out and rape them.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lol.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

My favorite part so far was when I stood on the porch at night watching a fire.

This, and a few other moments later on. I wish they went full Twinpeaksian though.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

This, and a few other moments later on. I wish they went full Twinpeaksian though.

same, it felt like it could have used some genuine weirdness.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

also there were hardly any animals to be seen, which bothered me

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

*walks around central park on Firewatch location research trip* hmm.. hmm yes so this is how nature is. yeah, the great outdoors are amazing. *sees a squirrel* WHAT IN THE LIVING gently caress A loving TREE-RAT

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Well in my experience seeing animals on the trail is a fairly rare occurrence, since they usually notice your presence and run away long before you would bump into them.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

let me see a goddamn moose

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

It's my biggest gripe with the game. Like imagine if Glados never turned in Portal and it was just a regular puzzle game instead of being epic. Worse than that, imagine if she hinted at all these weird turns and then never took them.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

i dont care where it is in the world... if its a feelsian walking simulator i want to see a goddamn moose.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
whats the gameplay like ? do you just walk around looking at stuff?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

whats the gameplay like ? do you just walk around looking at stuff?

Yup, you can also pick stuff up and look at it.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Firewatch With Me <- came up with this first time I heard of the game and want to show it off as much as possible. :D

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The first thing I did after I moved in to the Firewatch tower was arrange the bookshelf in alphabetical order.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

In Training posted:

The first thing I did after I moved in to the Firewatch tower was arrange the bookshelf in alphabetical order.

I ran back to the tower with a copy of Jane Eyre for more stuff to read.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I'm not sure why but the crosshair is super tiny, so trying to pick up specific items can be annoying with a controller

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

ending spoiler: when the helicopter came for evac I decided to take with me the fantasy nerd book that Delilah was reading, since that is very much my poo poo and I'm not gonna leave all the books behind to burn like a goddamn savage. I open the door with the book in my hand, no problem, but when it comes to getting in the helicopter with that dumb looking dude with his hand reaching out I can't get in unless I drop the book. so I walk back down the path, looking for another way out with my book, but its a dead end and the credits roll with me down there away from the helicopter. guess I died lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Very calming

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I finished it. Not really a fan of how it ended, i was expecting the whole thing to be cooked up by Henry's paranoia bc of the guilt he feels wanting to gently caress Delilah instead of his wife

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Every made up ending I've seen people present after beating the game has been better than the real ending. Haha

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Every made up ending I've seen people present after beating the game has been better than the real ending. Haha

for a clown to play

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

In Training posted:

I finished it. Not really a fan of how it ended, i was expecting the whole thing to be cooked up by Henry's paranoia bc of the guilt he feels wanting to gently caress Delilah instead of his wife

I think that would be bad, actually

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Devil Tesla posted:

I think that would be bad, actually

Well really I would have liked it to just be about cleaning up garbage.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

In Training posted:

preach

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

I also wanted to play a game about deleting your posts

• Locked thread