Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

CarlCX posted:

the movie doesn't hold up and is terrible but it introduced me to carla gugino so it's okay

yeah i had no idea that her boobies were so big beforehand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borneo Jimmy
Feb 27, 2007

by Smythe
But it's a classic Film NOIRE, I mean it ranks up there with all the classics of the genre, like Max Payne, Se7en, the black dahlia and of course the one that pioneered everything, Rockstar's LA Noire

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I never saw it, but do they use that selective coloring poo poo the whole movie? That was the most trite photographic technique ever concieved five minutes after the first person did it. I don't think I could stand a whole movie of full of it.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

I never saw it, but do they use that selective coloring poo poo the whole movie? That was the most trite photographic technique ever concieved five minutes after the first person did it. I don't think I could stand a whole movie of full of it.

yes the comic book and the movie both did that. it looked fine

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

RicochetD20 posted:

The Spirit was way better

i loving love this thing - it acts like it's self aware but it's loving not and it's just goddamn stupid and hilarious

gonna be a larf when 80 y/o samjack shows up on Conan 2.0 in the future and someone brings up the spirit

hope he gets pissy and old like harrison ford (before disney dumped 8 dump trucks of money on his lap and he suddenly became very affable)

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
also lmao i've never seen paralax serious post

lol if you
Jun 29, 2004

I am going to remove your penis, in thin slices, like salami, just for starters.
an old man dies
a little girl lives
fair trade

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Panniculus Rift posted:

when i was an infant i used to enjoy sucking on my mother's titties, but now the mere thought repulses me. what gives?

your mother got old and her tites no longer as good anymore, thats why

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

sin city 2 is the worrrrrrrrrssst.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K00SV6dh-RU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho9zoH8Bi-U

lol if you
Jun 29, 2004

I am going to remove your penis, in thin slices, like salami, just for starters.
Shot and a beer, Shelley, and keep 'em coming

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

CelticPredator posted:

sin city 2 is the worrrrrrrrrssst.

Everybody in movie: Marv! I've got a problem! Punch badguys for me!
Marv: ok.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Eva Green is good tho.

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President

lol if you posted:

an old man dies
a little girl lives
fair trade

you're pushin' 60 and you got a bum ticker is one of my favorite lines and i don't know why

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

whats wrong with it compared to the first one, i never saw it

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Parallax Scroll posted:

it feels very lazy and the acting and effects are actually much worse than the first.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

CelticPredator posted:

it feels very lazy and the acting and effects are actually much worse than the first.

lame

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mad Monk posted:

This movie is terrible, I like the visuals but the dialog and story feels as though they were written by tuning into a thirteen year old boy's wet dream.

Frank Miller so yeah

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

Watch Dark City. I didn't really like it the first time, but now it's pretty fun to watch.

Dark City was awesome from day 1. It got buried by The Matrix but that movie is a gem.

The 3rd Matrix even tried to rip-off the final fight from Dark City and did a poo poo job of it despite having $200 million dollars to jack CGI off over the audiences faces

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

you're pushin' 60 and you got a bum ticker is one of my favorite lines and i don't know why

Because it's wonderful and Madsen gets juuuuuuuust hammy enough to make you wonder if it's on purpose.

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.
"The Hard Goodbye" is probably the best part after that it does take a pretty big downturn. Funny it was the first one of the books written too.

The whole thing is schlock but it's pretty good schlock.

"I took his weapons away, both of them." *rips dudes dick off*

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Nuts and Gum posted:

It tries to be Tarantino but comes off as tryhard imo. It did have Brittany Murphy in it briefly :3

This is funny because Tarantino actually guest directed a scene in it. Can you guess which one? ;)

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
you gotta bum tickerrr

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.

Necc0 posted:

This is funny because Tarantino actually guest directed a scene in it. Can you guess which one? ;)

I know the answer!

The scene in the car where Benicio Del-Toro's character with the chunk of gun in his head is talking to dude.

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013
Can't believe no one posted anything from the best photoshop phriday of all time:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

here is a comic i did about frank miller during 9/11

:nws::nws:

CelticPredator fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Feb 14, 2016

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

yeah i had no idea that her boobies were so big beforehand

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

RicochetD20 posted:

The Spirit was way better

The Spirit loving rules.

Mr. Sickos
May 22, 2011

same thing with fight club, babby's first realization that maybe everything in the world and in your life isn't absolutely completely perfect, great at age 17, not as much when you're older

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

zakharov posted:

Is there a single woman in the movie who isn't a prostitute?

lol if you
Jun 29, 2004

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

i take away his weapons
both of them

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Parallax Scroll posted:

It was several years after the first one, and used some of the weaker stories from the Sin City universe. The Joseph Gordon-Levitt one wasn't too bad.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Yeah the Joseph Gordon bits were the only good parts of that film. Otherwise it was a snooze fest. They somehow managed to make Christopher Lloyd boring..

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

p much

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading
Did Frank Miller ever steal his spirit back, or does he still look like a degraded husk that can be used as a prop to frighten children and tender hearted adults

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Sleeveless posted:

The Spirit loving rules.

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

It's a bit dumb piece of poo poo but it wants to be a big dumb piece of poo poo so it's hard to fault it.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
This movie MADE ME smoke so many extra cigarettes, extra hard when it first came out

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Carla Gugino has very attractive secondary sexual characteristics

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

It's one of those movies which didn't age well especially how a majority of the film was done with green screen.

Still had some cool bits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Whatev posted:

Did Frank Miller ever steal his spirit back, or does he still look like a degraded husk that can be used as a prop to frighten children and tender hearted adults

He looks like what he is inside.. in other words what you said.

Seriously the guy is a loving nutter and so extreme even racists and men's right nutters stop and go "drat dude, what's wrong with you?" He'd probably be a Nazi but the Nazis probably didn't hate women enough

• Locked thread