Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

REACH HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE BABY
Has anyone used hidden camera lens detectors? Care to give me some pointers as to what to purchase and what to avoid? I'm also interested in finding hidden microphones and GPS tracking devices.

I'd prefer advice from goons who has used the equipment and has some knowledge of their use. I have a budget of a few thousand dollars. I talked to a guy who is a private detective - he almost exclusively deals with work-comp fraud cases for insurance companies, and couldn't really recommend much, so I'd be interested in hearing from people who have worked in counter-surveillance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.

Harry in Rio posted:

Has anyone used hidden camera lens detectors? Care to give me some pointers as to what to purchase and what to avoid? I'm also interested in finding hidden microphones and GPS tracking devices.

I'd prefer advice from goons who has used the equipment and has some knowledge of their use. I have a budget of a few thousand dollars. I talked to a guy who is a private detective - he almost exclusively deals with work-comp fraud cases for insurance companies, and couldn't really recommend much, so I'd be interested in hearing from people who have worked in counter-surveillance.

Get therapy.

Mods, please move to e/n

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Shut your dirty troll mouth. I too am interested in ways to discover covert surveillance apparatus. The worst that could happen is that your paranoia was wrong and there are no bugs or hidden cameras in your lovely apartment.... no, actually the worst that could happen is that your lovely apartment is full of bugs and hidden cameras, but at least your paranoia would turn out correct.

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
EASY POST IN ALL CAPS NSA JUST ASSUMES U R AN IDIOT AND DOESN"T PAY ATTENTION BUT U HAVE TO HOLD SHIFT (IM SERIOUS)

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
Good luck detecting a fibre optic mic OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

I use this one, OP http://www.amazon.com/Camera-Detector-Wireless-Hidden-Finder/dp/B004YVZWKO

• Locked thread