Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the debate?
Donald Trump
Marco Rubio
Ted Cruz
Ben Carson
John Kasich
C'mon, you know it's gonna be Trump
View Results

• Locked thread
Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

AHH FUGH posted:

Shows you the intelligence of your average Flordian.

yeah 62% of those morons think he's innocent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

Somebody posted earlier that there were 26 tickets raffled to students of the college where the debate was held.

Yeah, and most of those 26 went to university regents. Only 6 students got to attend the debate.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

The Ninth Layer posted:

Trump vs Clinton will be easy work for Hillary. Put the two of them on stage and it'll be apparent which of them is Presidential.

Also, no one really gives a poo poo about Trump being an rear end in a top hat to all the other GOP assholes running for president. People will absolutely give a poo poo about him being an rear end in a top hat to a woman, especially other women. It's exactly what happened to Ann Richards in 1990 in Texas.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

AHH FUGH posted:

Shows you the intelligence of your average Flordian.

very smart. At least 10%

Pick posted:

yeah 62% of those morons think he's innocent

Microwaves Mom has issued a correction as of 08:08 on Feb 26, 2016

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

A Winner is Jew posted:

Also, no one really gives a poo poo about Trump being an rear end in a top hat to all the other GOP assholes running for president. People will absolutely give a poo poo about him being an rear end in a top hat to a woman, especially other women. It's exactly what happened to Ann Richards in 1990 in Texas.

i thought she lost to dubya

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
lol Carson is the best

"Someone please attack me"

Please, Cable News always keep him around

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

A Winner is Jew posted:

Hilary is so unlikable, people will understand he's attacking her for the lazy fake pandering.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
Trump is in an interesting position within the GOP primary. He can poo poo all over their candidates without having any problem, because the GOP base has become unhinged from the orthodoxy of their party elite. It's gotten to the point where the base is enjoying watching the former sacred cows of Republicanism getting slaughtered on stage. The problem is that the same techniques are likely not going to work in the general, since the audience's relationship to his opponents is different.

Totalizator
Nov 9, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Neeksy posted:

Trump is in an interesting position within the GOP primary. He can poo poo all over their candidates without having any problem, because the GOP base has become unhinged from the orthodoxy of their party elite. It's gotten to the point where the base is enjoying watching the former sacred cows of Republicanism getting slaughtered on stage. The problem is that the same techniques are likely not going to work in the general, since the audience's relationship to his opponents is different.

Trump is going to capitalize on the fact that the DNC did the same kind of poo poo to Sanders Republicans tried to do to him, he can probably absorb some of his platform and peel off huge swaths of young voters (except for the identity politics crowd that would vote Hillary regardless of anything).

Z. Autobahn
Jul 20, 2004

colonel tigh more like colonel high

mike12345 posted:

Hilary is so unlikable, people will understand he's attacking her for the lazy fake pandering.

Yeah, like when Rick Lazio did it. Or the Benghazi hearings. Or when Obama said she was "likable enough".

Oh wait...

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

A Winner is Jew posted:

You know NOTHING about women if you think they can't turn on "other woman" with as much baggage and pure snakery as Hillary.

They could also rally back to her side just as quickly if she does it right and Trump steps over a line. This will actually probably happen several times in the general.

What I'm saying is, if "the woman's vote" were between Trump and Warren, this would already be over. But as it stands now, the entire election hinges on whether the general women's vote is mad at Hillary or back at her defense in November.

No one should bet on this.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...
I'm going to post my fakeTrump closing statement for the 3rd debate. Not sure it would work but this is the angle I could see a Hillary stumping coming from.

"Women of America, I employ women, thousands of them, but I don't pander because i know you're really smart. And I just want you to think, and maybe I'm wrong, but is this who you want as the first female president EH-VER?

A possible, and let's be honest, likely, corporately owned career criminal? A woman who covers for her husband's predatory behavior? I'm not telling you how to vote, I trust you to make up your own minds, but think of it. The first female president for all time, Hillary Rodham Clinton."

Totalizator
Nov 9, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
TBF as far as standing up for women goes, he did just defend PP health services for women against an audience of howling republicans in a high stakes debate.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
is this on youtube yet, thank you

as halfway crooks
Mar 7, 2007

by Shine

botany posted:

Google "feb 25 republican debate youtube" wow

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

botany posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vl3m3APrbh0

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax
I hope somebody found the screaming woman from last night and prescribed some xanax

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

InsanityIsCrazy posted:

I hope somebody found the screaming woman from last night and prescribed some xanax

that was H.W.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

as halfway crooks posted:

Google "feb 25 republican debate youtube" wow

i did earlier and all i got was the predebate coverage

thx m8

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Totalizator posted:

Trump is going to capitalize on the fact that the DNC did the same kind of poo poo to Sanders Republicans tried to do to him, he can probably absorb some of his platform and peel off huge swaths of young voters (except for the identity politics crowd that would vote Hillary regardless of anything).

Young voters are about as easily manipulated as some of the GOP base. Promise to back Google Fiber or something and they'll go through all sorts of mental gymnastics to back you

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

A Winner is Jew posted:

This presumes the average American voter still views Hillary as a woman and not as an Evil Democrat Liberal etc.

Misogyny is not exactly dead in this country.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
The biggest knock against Trump for the night was him talking about all the great things Planned Parenthood does and how he'd still defund it. That's going to be in so many attack ads that it isn't funny.

Constantly repeating himself without any kind of specifics when questioned on anything is probably going to catch up with him at some point too.

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

Online polls at Drudge, Slate and WSJ all have Trump winning the debate by large margins. They are all completely unscientific, but it's glorious all the same.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
im watching the debate right now and ahahahaha holy poo poo rubio vs trump is hilarious

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

That wasn't even close to the loving Canadian Border Wall question to Trump

That one done right could be a pretty blatant "we're ok with illegal whites" reveal.

...but it wasn't rammed home.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Neeksy posted:

this would be true if it were any woman but hillary clinton

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Sheikh Djibouti posted:

Online polls at Drudge, Slate and WSJ all have Trump winning the debate by large margins. They are all completely unscientific, but it's glorious all the same.

All online polls are bumrushed by /pol/ and don't mean a thing. Not saying Trump is stumped or anything but they're never been indicative of much

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I don't think the debate hurt or really helped Trump, I expect him to stay around the same %, but I wonder if done Cruz supporters swap to Rubio since he was way more effective in challenging Trump.

Although such a shift could cause Trump to win Texas, and is this even a race if he sweeps super Tuesday?

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Eltoasto posted:

I don't think the debate hurt or really helped Trump, I expect him to stay around the same %, but I wonder if done Cruz supporters swap to Rubio since he was way more effective in challenging Trump.

Although such a shift could cause Trump to win Texas, and is this even a race if he sweeps super Tuesday?

Trump knows hes gonna win and has started campaigning to the left

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

Blasmeister posted:

All online polls are bumrushed by /pol/ and don't mean a thing. Not saying Trump is stumped or anything but they're never been indicative of much

Yeah, that's what I was getting at when I described them as completely unscientific; they're still amusing, though, and I can imagine pro Trump freepers high fiving over the (ridiculous) results.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
oh god im still watching the debate l m a o what a clownfest

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

fknlo posted:

The biggest knock against Trump for the night was him talking about all the great things Planned Parenthood does and how he'd still defund it. That's going to be in so many attack ads that it isn't funny.

Constantly repeating himself without any kind of specifics when questioned on anything is probably going to catch up with him at some point too.

I agree, I think at some point he has to actually start citing policy specifics instead of just leaving them on his website for the wonks to dig up. Broad strokes has worked very well for him thus far in rallying up support in the primary, but he's about to enter "campaigning for the general" mode and if he still has nothing then ...

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

botany posted:

oh god im still watching the debate l m a o what a clownfest

For the full experience, be sure to watch the post debate comments by Trump on CNN and by Rubio at his rally today.

For this to devolve any further would require something along the lines of actual mud wrestling.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

fknlo posted:

Trump is a man who loves healthy tits more than he hates abortion. I don't see how that's a negative for anyone except Rubio.

Carl Killer Miller
Apr 28, 2007

This is the way that it all falls.
This is how I feel,
This is what I need:

EugeneJ posted:

IT'S CHAOS

HE'S GOT THE HAMMER, KING! CALL FORGET THE AMBULANCE AND CALL THE MORGUE, THIS ONE'S ALREADY DONE!!!!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

fknlo posted:

Nest soundbyte was definitely him saying he can't be hillary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

fknlo posted:

people keep saying this but the public mostly just likes or dislikes something depending on who's packaging it. look at all the people who like obamacare under a different name

• Locked thread