Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
magnificent7
Sep 22, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER

This RS's theme is RECORD SOME Irish-sounding St Patrick's songs, but of course some of you will push the boundaries of the theme, and nobody will tell you you're wrong. But, I can tell you from personal experience, your special snowflake will stand out, not because you're a rebel, but because it doesn't fit with everybody else's stuff, and you will probably not get the praise you'd hoped for.

But hey, you be you. I'm sure Lionel Richie has some Irish in him.

Rockstar is a blah-blah-blah anybody can play.
- Record cover songs
- we post everybody's submissions in GBS for attention and self-satisfaction, but come away with regret and crushed egos.

Typically, submissions are due in 4 weeks, which tends to be extended by 2 to 44 weeks.

BUT THIS TIME THE DEADLINE IS FIXED.
MARCH 15: The ides of lovely music.

Deadline is 3/15 so we can organize your submissions and post the poll in GBS BEFORE St. Patrick's Day.

Some come on. Pick some jig and faithfully cover it with ukeleles and accordians, or take Shout at the Devil and make it sound jiggy. We want to end up with a collection of songs that make people go "yep, that's definitely a thing that's kind of St Partricks Irish ish." You can be hilarious in your cover, you can be serious, it's all up to you.

You can record just acapella.
You can record an instrumental with no vocals.
You can record a fart symphony.

JUST GET THE poo poo DONE BY 3/15, MIDNIGHT.

Post your song on Soundcloud, and you'll be a hero. I'm sure I'm forgetting important things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

I'll go ahead and lay claim to I'll tell my ma.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
Somebody's got to cover this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AT07v9V4-w

Koivunen
Oct 7, 2011

there's definitely no logic
to human behaviour
Going to take the easy one and claim Danny Boy.

Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

Laying down acoustic tracks today! ELECTRICITY COMES TOMORROW.

magnificent7
Sep 22, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I'm going to do a cover of the old irish song, "skullfucking your mom".

It's a jig. I need to find some bagpipes. Which is what I call your mom, btw.

Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

gently caress Irish patter songs forever. Also, gently caress broken strings. And gently caress guitar center for closing at 8.

magnificent7
Sep 22, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Alternative pants posted:

gently caress Irish patter songs forever. Also, gently caress broken strings. And gently caress guitar center for closing at 8.
On a Saturday night no less... you know, the ONE NIGHT a ton of musicians would discover they really need a thing right before a show.

Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

So this happened.

magnificent7
Sep 22, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Holy crap I hate irish music.

Except THIS BIOTCH RIGHT HERE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZaz7OqyTHQ

THIS rocks.

magnificent7 fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Mar 3, 2016

Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

I tried to make it sound like my old band.

Now with mixing!
e: Who forgets to set their export range to more than 16 seconds? THIS GUY.

Alternative pants fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Mar 4, 2016

nh
Feb 2, 2003
I don't think I'm gonna make it. I was gonna cover a song in the style of a traditional Irish jig, but I think it may have been a way over-ambitious effort considering the time limit, and I'm worried I burnt too much time trying to make it work. I'm still gonna try to churn something out in the next couple days, but I might be out of this one.

magnificent7
Sep 22, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER
SOOO. What do you think. Drop Irish music, go for April Fools music? Or should we be shooting for July 4th music because all of you live in the USA.

THAT, or, Alternative Pants wins this round by participating.

(yes, I am included in the non-participants. There's just not a lot I can do to irish music. Turn it up to 11, and that's about it.)

It's up to NH, who in fact won the last one.

OR HEY - HOW ABOUT - IRISH and/or ENGLISH MUSIC since they kind of beat Ireland down or something.

Or any song from an artist on any island.

nh
Feb 2, 2003
Well, we're a day away from the deadline and only have one submission, so, yeah, I think this may be a bust. Is anyone other than Alternative pants putting any effort in? Alternative pants, as the only entry, do you have any input?

nh fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Mar 14, 2016

magnificent7
Sep 22, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER

nh posted:

Well, we're a day away from the deadline and only have one submission, so, yeah, I think this may be a bust. Is anyone other than Alternative pants putting any effort in? Alternative pants, as the only entry, do you have any input?
Screw that guy all he does is record music.

Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

nh posted:

I'd be okay with picking a new theme and setting up the thread. Victory via participation :toot:

magnificent7 posted:

Screw that guy all he does is record music.

I don't have a picture of Darrell Hammond in his role of Sean Connery on SNL, but pretend I do.

Alternative pants fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Mar 14, 2016

Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

Click pic.

Alternative pants fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Mar 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

magnificent7
Sep 22, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER

I missed that "CLICK PIC" part.