Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Safety Dance posted:

You fun-ruiners imposed your emissions laws on the rest of the country.

*sighs* You know what? A lot of my TDI friends have been saying the same thing about the EPA.

But then I remember what poo poo was like before the EPA. And I'm okay with environmental regs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Wrar posted:

Mac Pros are solid but you have to deal with OSX bullshit sometimes, especially regarding window positioning.

Try Spectacle.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

May Macs burn in hell.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

ilkhan posted:

Still $2.45 for me in CA. The important lesson here is "gently caress Cali".

I'm in love with the E7450s. Easy to access the important components, great battery life. But its an ultrabook so onboard graphics.

2.85 in Cali for me. 2.69 on base.

loving stupid.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

1.99. gently caress florida. :commissar:

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Mar 31, 2016

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Ok then

CommieGIR posted:

But then I remember what poo poo was like before the EPA. And I'm okay with environmental regs.
I don't have any issue with EPA regs, I just think a little moderation might be a good thing.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Yeah EPA good, EPA modeling its regs on CARB less good.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
87 went up to $2.09 last night, Premium to $2.59. Thankfully Costco still had it for a quarter cheaper.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Enourmo posted:

Yeah EPA good, EPA modeling its regs on CARB less good.

I'll second this emotion. I'm also glad I live in a state that allows auto parts stores to use code readers.

In other news, I've been watching a bunch of woodworking videos. I've always liked metalwork, so this is new to me. This night, I built a small box out of scrap plywood and glue for storing utility knives at the hackerspace. I'm surprised at just how sturdy plywood and glue is!

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Pegs and glue is even better. My dad still has a lazy susan I made for him in highschool kicking around and its been knocked around quite a bit. :3:

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Rhyno posted:

87 went up to $2.09 last night, Premium to $2.59. Thankfully Costco still had it for a quarter cheaper.

Costgo gas is cheap, but gently caress me if I'm dealing with the zoo-lines at their stations, I'll pay an extra $2.50 per tank of gas and just go to QT and save myself 20 or 30 minutes of bullshit.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

ilkhan posted:

Still $2.45 for me in CA. The important lesson here is "gently caress Cali".

I'm in love with the E7450s. Easy to access the important components, great battery life. But its an ultrabook so onboard graphics.

Counter point: you've been biking all winter without a fatbike.

Onboard graphics are fine. I just need to poo poo post on SA and edit some photos.

Edit: carb hasn't imposed poo poo on other states. Your states may have adopted carb regs, but CA hasn't imposed poo poo.
Also, I enjoy breathing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Locator posted:

Costgo gas is cheap, but gently caress me if I'm dealing with the zoo-lines at their stations, I'll pay an extra $2.50 per tank of gas and just go to QT and save myself 20 or 30 minutes of bullshit.

There was a line but I just skipped past the idiots who didn't know how it worked and was done in 10 minutes tops.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Ok then

nm posted:

Counter point: you've been biking all winter without a fatbike.

Onboard graphics are fine. I just need to poo poo post on SA and edit some photos.

Edit: carb hasn't imposed poo poo on other states. Your states may have adopted carb regs, but CA hasn't imposed poo poo.
Also, I enjoy breathing.
Where exactly is the snow/mud to make a fatbike useful?

7440 or 7450 would be fine then. I went to a surface book for my machine, but we use the dells at the office.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

ilkhan posted:

Where exactly is the snow/mud to make a fatbike useful?
Minnesota, Alaska, probably the Sierras.
However, I did ride several at the beach in granite bay at a salsa demo, and they were pretty cool in the sand.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

man this last week studying for thermo has been brutal

exam's tomorrow, hope it was worth it

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Yeah I can see several reasons why he needs his head caving in. :/

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Safety Dance posted:

You fun-ruiners imposed your emissions laws on the rest of the country.

I like being able to breathe and not living in Beijing smog

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

nm posted:

Minnesota, Alaska, probably the Sierras.
However, I did ride several at the beach in granite bay at a salsa demo, and they were pretty cool in the sand.

They're pretty good on dust as well, if you ever happen to be in the high desert.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I like being able to breathe and not living in Beijing smog

I won't stop beating the dead horse that is me being lovely about my whole 3 (maybe 4) hours at Pudong.

You can instantly see that visibility is dogshit from the cloud of smog above the city. All of the rivers and canals are incredibly disgusting. The airport itself also looks like it was hastily put together with zero attention to detail, just the major plot points of what constitutes an airport.

Emissions systems work and leaded fuel literally made people dumb. I like to have nice things and I want everyone to have nice things when "things = air that isn't actively killing you". CARB is dumb, but there's a weird and peculiar reason why regulations exist.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Bless the Australian Senator who is a member of the Motoring Enthusiast Party :australia:

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde

You Am I posted:

Bless the Australian Senator who is a member of the Motoring Enthusiast Party :australia:

God I love Ricky Muir, and how he is the perfect example of group voting ticket shenanigans gone horribly wrong, yet horribly right

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

literally a fish posted:

God I love Ricky Muir, and how he is the perfect example of group voting ticket shenanigans gone horribly wrong, yet horribly right

For every Ricky Muir, we get 20 oval office rockets no matter the system. Muir and Ludham are probably the only decent actual humans in the Senate.

BTW, you doing the intro for next month? I'm off to Forster so I cant snype it.I have better things to do than posting poo poo on the Interwebs :D

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

For every Ricky Muir, we get 20 oval office rockets no matter the system. Muir and Ludham are probably the only decent actual humans in the Senate.

BTW, you doing the intro for next month? I'm off to Forster so I cant snype it.I have better things to do than posting poo poo on the Interwebs :D

Yeah, gently caress it, why not.

I have some choices, i wonder which I'll pick :getin:

i've got

I’m working on ruining everything
HI FRIENDS THIS IS A NO GUN CHAT ZONE
It'll be okay dude, you know your way around shafts.
i'm hacking up horrible white slime that looks like cum
E: gently caress it no one wants to read my whinging

none of these speak to me any more than the others

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

literally a fish posted:

Yeah, gently caress it, why not.

I have some choices, i wonder which I'll pick :getin:

i've got

I’m working on ruining everything
HI FRIENDS THIS IS A NO GUN CHAT ZONE
It'll be okay dude, you know your way around shafts.
i'm hacking up horrible white slime that looks like cum
E: gently caress it no one wants to read my whinging

none of these speak to me any more than the others

gently caress it no one wants to read my whining.

Add a few bits about poo poo said in this thread (eg SAC orgasms over his job, CAT INTERCEPTOR does another loony thing on a bicycle, LAF slams down a truth bomb, STR regales about delivery) and a picture of a Ford Falcon in a garage and we're done :D

EDIT : Oh yeah, no gun chat

CAT INTERCEPTOR fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Mar 31, 2016

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

Slippery Tilde
oh man have i got a doozy of a new OP in the chamber :kimchi:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-35934024

Well poo poo. Corbett was a genuinely brilliant man

mungtor
May 3, 2005

Yeah, I hate me too.
Nap Ghost

mariooncrack posted:

Business class laptops seem like the way to go these days. They seem like they're the only ones that you have user replaceable anything.

Yeah, pretty much any Dell Precision Mobile or Latitude will be fine for parts availability and actually servicing them. Inspirons are hell tho, and so is pretty much any HP laptop. We're a Dell shop for laptops, and swapping parts in and out of Latitudes is easy.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
This almost gave me a heart attack this morning:

Luckily the top 2 only happen occasionally if I let the rpms dip too low, and the rest are just torque misreporting according to the internet.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Finally sold my SV. Picking up the Street Triple after work. Eff yes.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
I'm so confused! which thread is best thread?!?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Quite A Tool posted:

gently caress me. Came home from a beautiful vacation to see my Jeep jacked up by its pumpkin and hole punched in my fuel tank.

Anyone know of a good sealer for a plastic tank, or barring that somewhere I can get a replacement? Rock auto doesn't have one and so far my Google fu is bringing up no '97 tanks only up to 96. I know 97 was a weird year for the electrics but would a 96 tank fit?

Is it a green jeep or a blue jeep

• Locked thread