Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

pubic works project posted:

I've been leaning this way myself.

Don't get me wrong, the HC collection isn't going anywhere (well, half of it anyways) but once I dump the garage collection I am done with buying singles unless it's something very special or I want to get something signed at a show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

:same: I've moved to digital for everything outside of stuff I can get in fancy hardcovers.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Rhyno posted:

Don't get me wrong, the HC collection isn't going anywhere (well, half of it anyways) but once I dump the garage collection I am done with buying singles unless it's something very special or I want to get something signed at a show.

Yeah I just think I'm going to switch to digital when it comes to the new issues. It'll appease my wife. I'll still get old back issues to fill collections.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I haven't bought a floppy in years and don't intend to change that. Even if I wanted to, I don't have the space to store piles of paper. Digital is so much nicer. I'm almost even out of room for collected stuff, though I need to purge since there's lots of things I don't really want anymore.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I try and keep my floppies in good condition so I can give them to kids eventually. If you got a younger cousin, nephew or niece, it's a pretty good prank on their parents to just drop off an entire long box of comics and say "hey you wanted them to read more, right? unplug a little?

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

I'll probably buy floppies as long as my LCS stays open. I like going in every Wednesday and talking with the owners and other regulars. I tend to let the floppies build up and read them in arcs, then stick them in my trade-in box to take to the store once it gets full. I get store credit for the trades which I then use to try trade of series I'm curious about but don't want to buy in single issues until I'm sure I like it. It's a decent enough routine and it works for me.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
I only buy floppies these days if it's a cool cover I want to do something with. For instance, my sister does roller derby and is in to bad rear end chicks doing bad rear end things, so I got her a framed copy of the A-Force roller derby variant.

I have the Moon Girl Animorphs variant hanging in my house.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

omnibobb posted:

my sister does roller derby and is in to bad rear end chicks doing bad rear end things

Have you/she checked out Slam from Boom?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's nice to be appreciated. Went to a small comic & toy show on Sunday and ran into a bunch of former customers who all said they don't like my replacement. Good feels.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Oh fun stuff.

Tony Moore is doing a signing at a local tattoo shop this Saturday. He was supposed to head over to the store afterwards for a second signing but once I was gone I really stopped caring about making that happen for them since the owner of the tattoo shop is my friend and he is friends with Moore. Just got a pretty lovely text message about it from my old boss, he's just saw the event on FB and wants to know why he "cancelled" on them.

I'm missing the job less and less.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I've seen far more of Tony Moore than I would have ever cared to see following his IG.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

I've seen far more of Tony Moore than I would have ever cared to see following his IG.

Well now I'm curious. Will report back.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Well now I'm curious. Will report back.

:nws: https://instagram.com/p/BgosvUvFKbJ/ :nws:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Oh my. /takei

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

As long as he doesn't tie me to a wheelchair and show me his muderlogue slide show asking if i see, I'm good.

• Locked thread