Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

HORMELCHILI posted:

That tracks really fun, are you in the mini cooper? It looks clean, that would probably take me like an hour to get a run that clean lol

the alpine :-) it was my favourite of the 60s cars. but now im driving a 205 group b

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

I.N.R.I posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1F5kt-7Efg

^--- what do the ppl who play dirt rally think ? is it slow or good? i botched 2 hairpins but it mostly looks pretty slick at least. the cars unupgraded as well
I'm not super good at this game or anything but that looks fairly fast and clean, certainly faster than what I can do, especially with that car, and I'm at least decent. V. nice.

Just started playing this last night and it's a blast, pulling off a good run is so rewarding.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

the alpine :-) it was my favourite of the 60s cars. but now im driving a 205 group b

I like the 60s cars a lot but when i try the more modern cars im like flying out of control and sliding everywhere, it really lets you appreciate how much skill goes into that

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

HORMELCHILI posted:

I like the 60s cars a lot but when i try the more modern cars im like flying out of control and sliding everywhere, it really lets you appreciate how much skill goes into that
I'm kind of hoping not all the RWD cars handle like the Alpine, it's so touchy. It felt like I was driving on ice when I started using it.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Bobby The Rookie posted:

I'm kind of hoping not all the RWD cars handle like the Alpine, it's so touchy. It felt like I was driving on ice when I started using it.

maybe u were driving on ice? :D

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Bobby The Rookie posted:

the alpine also has its engine in the back so most of the weight is in the rear. im not sure if any of the other rwd cars are RR but most of them will be FR or MR which means they should be easier to control. but on the other hand they all have 3x the power of the alpine

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

I.N.R.I posted:

maybe u were driving on ice? :D
I was actually driving on rain slick :) But I've used it a few times now in different conditions and it's always, like, if I mis-nudge the car a little I can easily swerve or spin out. Took some getting used to.

I also want to use the mini more but I hate being a driver on the right side. Anyone know if there's a way to switch the cockpit over to the left?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
im getting better pretty quickly, this run puts me at about rank 145, about 8 seconds down on WR. i wasnt grinding it out though, im just playing through career mode normally for now while i learn all the techniques and unlock all the cars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQCrxAo9KZk

if i could do the scandanavian flick i could probably save a lot of time, instead i just drove it sort of like a road track lol. which i guess it is. i also cheated a little bit :twisted:

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

^--- what do the ppl who play dirt rally think ? is it slow or good? i botched 2 hairpins but it mostly looks pretty slick at least. the cars unupgraded as well
I think you gotta give yourself a bit more time to react. Go slower. You might even gain a second or two on that run.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
im in the top 10 for the monthly on ps4 after 20 stages :-D although, my radiators broken and most of my other stuff is at like 70%...

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
bump. i made it to master difficulty although i barely won a single stage at elite, i was always 2nd or 3rd..

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
my fav cars so far are the:

sierra cosworth
205 group B
stratos
alpine
impreza 2001
the modern vw polo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I