Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Y-Hat posted:

It'll probably hedge closer to Psycho for next/last season. The show creator mentioned that we'll be seeing Marion Crane.

Oh gently caress yes. This has been my dream for the show. Norma dead by the last season, and then more or less reimagining the movie events to end the show w/ a skull superimposed on Freddie Highmore's face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

I'm watching the finale again right now because gently caress yeah. I didn't think anything could contend with season 2 of Fargo, but this whole season has been amazing. I still think Fargo wins, but not by much.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Yeah such a fantastic season all around. The last 3 episodes especially.

I wish more people/goons knew how good it is.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

It's a difficult show to recommend to people with all the murder and incest...

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Ehud posted:

It's a difficult show to recommend to people with all the murder and incest...
Meh, the #1 show on cable has that too

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

HungryMedusa posted:

I'm watching the finale again right now because gently caress yeah. I didn't think anything could contend with season 2 of Fargo, but this whole season has been amazing. I still think Fargo wins, but not by much.

Eh, I didn't find Fargo s2 nearly as good as season 1. Bokeem Woodbine was great though.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I rewatched the second-to-last episode before watching the finale, both to see all the red flags for Norma that were blatantly obvious in hindsight and because it's just such a good episode of TV. If Freddie Highmore doesn't get nominated for any Emmys, he'll still get his due some day. He's too talented not to.

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 06:25 on May 24, 2016

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Paperback Writer posted:

Meh, the #1 show on cable has that too

That show goes all out and does it, and this show barely hints at it and it is 10x creepier. Like they stare at each other just a liiiiiittle too long with their faces juuuust too close when they hug. The sleeping in the same bed stuff isn't even close to all the other subtle weird poo poo.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
I thought this was a joke...
http://www.avclub.com/article/rihanna-cast-marion-crane-bates-motels-fifthand-fi-240009

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

God is not real

end me

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Youuuuuuuuu can't be serious.

:stare:

What the gently caress

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I have no idea how Rihanna's acting skills are, but not everyone can be on the level of Freddie Highmore (who got snubbed for an Emmy again, I might add). It's the last season, let them have a little fun. And if she sucks, hope for a shower death like in the movie.

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Just got into this series and binged through it and holy crap. Any theories as to what happened to Aubrey Decote's body?

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB
Wasn't it buried in the hole that eventually got filled in? Isn't that where Norma found her earring?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
I wonder if Alex is going to be the PI next season trying to find some evidence against Norman

Its in the filled in pit or Norman has already found his swamp.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

It seems like Norman's on top for now. Norma's dead except in his now-gone mind, Alex has been arrested, and Dylan and Emma have gotten the hell out of Dodge. It'll be interesting to see how/if the remaining cast contributes to the final season, as well as the weirdly cast Marion Crane. Hey, if any show can make it work, it's this one.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
They're also adding Brooke Shields to the cast, which I'm super psyched for. She's not the kind of actress you'd cast as a typical slasher victim, (I say this despite what's arguably her most famous role in Silence Of The Lambs) and I think she'd be cool to see up against someone like Norman.

Plus I miss seeing her on screen. Series 7: The Contenders is a great loving film.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Brooke Shields wasn't in Silence tho

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

esperterra posted:

Brooke Shields wasn't in Silence tho

Brooke Smith. gently caress. I always get those two confused.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Suddenly Susan?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
She started askin' questions so now she's...suddenly snoozin'

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

possibly a dumb q but since psycho takes place like 20 years after norma dies and freddie highmore is not going to magically turn 20 years older to film season 5 does anybody know what the plan is there? heavy timeline play I'm imagining?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

possibly a dumb q but since psycho takes place like 20 years after norma dies and freddie highmore is not going to magically turn 20 years older to film season 5 does anybody know what the plan is there? heavy timeline play I'm imagining?

Psycho is its own thing. Not sure if they are going to do a time jump but most likely it's going to be a couple of months later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Oh okay, that makes more sense. Thanks :)

• Locked thread