Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

oh yeah that one rules. hitman 2 had some good levels and then also the japanese ninja sniper ones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

a hitman spinoff where Emilio Vittorio was never kidnapped and 47 is just a gardener for the rest of his life. and you gotta sneak into highly secure areas to water roses

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
So basically that goose game except the goose is evenly matched

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I was about to link the goose game video

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

i forgot about stealthgamerBR and i just watched his hitman episodes videos and holy poo poo

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Can't wait until the 17th - now that I've gone through those Patient Zero missions, I just want to dive in and murder all of the elusive targets I missed! (Sounds bad, I know)
Since I think I only did like, 6-7 of the originals...and to think I thought there were only around a dozen! It was certainly a pleasant surprise to find out that there are actually like, twenty six! (Those extra suits are mine. I much prefer the versions with gloves, over the defaults)

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

i forgot about stealthgamerBR and i just watched his hitman episodes videos and holy poo poo

That dude is insane. Hitman, Dishonored, MGSV...he's basically a whirlwind in all of them.

In other Hitman news...

Deadline posted:

EXCLUSIVE: Fox 21 and Hulu have teamed for a television series based on Hitman, the global best-selling video game from IO Interactive. A pilot script will be written by Derek Kolstad, creator and writer of the John Wick action film series who also penned the third one that will be released in 2019.

Kolstad will be an executive producer along with Adrian Askarieh and Chuck Gordon. The project will be overseen at Fox 21 by Bert Salke, Jane Francis, Gloria Fan and Kira Innes, and at Hulu by Jordan Helman. The hope is for Hitman to become a flagship series.

Hitman has sold more than 25 million copies since being launched in 2000. It centers on Agent 47, a meticulous and lethal assassin with a mysterious backstory. The character has been the subject of two films released by Fox — 2007’s Hitman and 2015’s Hitman: Agent 47 — and the intention here is to hew closely to the mythology of the perennially popular video game. The latest game is simply called Hitman, and it sold 7 million copies. Two more Hitman games are in development at IO Interactive.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

for fucks sake why do they even need to make 'two new hitman games', just keep releasing episodes for what you already have i loving hate publishers and developers

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

for fucks sake why do they even need to make 'two new hitman games', just keep releasing episodes for what you already have i loving hate publishers and developers
Given that the article just refers to Hitman Season One as "a game called Hitman," maybe they mean two new seasons.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Oh that makes more sense

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
IO had something on their site about hiring for online multiplayer developers recently. No confirmation it's Hitman related but some cross between Hitman and the old Assassins Creed MP where you have to blend in as an NPC and take out specific targets could be loving tight

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

goferchan posted:

IO had something on their site about hiring for online multiplayer developers recently. No confirmation it's Hitman related but some cross between Hitman and the old Assassins Creed MP where you have to blend in as an NPC and take out specific targets could be loving tight
Co-op hits would be cool too.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

FactsAreUseless posted:

Co-op hits would be cool too.

hitmen vs guardsmen

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Goa Tse-tung posted:

hitmen vs guardsmen
Not really related but this just reminded me of the "counter-op" mode in Perfect Dark where 2P could control a random bad guy in the level and go after Joanna and when they died they'd respawn as another random bad guy. That was a pretty cool feature.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Goa Tse-tung posted:

hitmen vs guardsmen
A deathmatch mode where everyone plays a random waiter/maid/etc. and have to act normal and hunt the others down would also be fun.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

A deathmatch mode where everyone plays a random waiter/maid/etc. and have to act normal and hunt the others down would also be fun.

Yeah, kinda like the gameplay in The Ship. That could be quite good, in Hitman's engine. (Although they might need to do something about the insta-kill/-KO with thrown weapons, since that would get old fast. Especially seeing as how if you time it right, you can throw objects through doors, around walls, etc.)

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

wasnt that assassins creed mp

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Plutonis posted:

wasnt that assassins creed mp
I have no idea.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Yeah, it was introduced in AC: Brotherhood I think, maybe? It was based off the old game 'The Ship'. Never played the AC MP, but I've heard it's quite good. I can only imagine a Hitman version of it would be just as good, if not better, what with all the disguise-changing mechanics.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I can think of so many ways it could be amazing.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Snake Mode from the original MG:O was amazing and if they made a hitman multiplayer like that i would buy it

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Anyone else having issues connecting to the Hitman servers at the moment? I've been unable to get online for a bit over an hour, now.

EDIT: Nevermind - it's working again, hours later. Might need to wait until tomorrow before I try taking on The Forger though, at this point.

Major Isoor fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Nov 17, 2017

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

i was gonna say, it was probably them adding the elusive target in

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

HORMELCHILI posted:

i was gonna say, it was probably them adding the elusive target in

Yeah, must've been - although I was thinking that there surely wouldn't have been much (if any) downtime for it, as the assets would've been there since last year. Doesn't matter though; I'm happy since I managed to bag him in 5:46, SASO.
...Now all I need to do is wait approximately forever, for the next target to become available :negative:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
MOD - Skip intro screen
https://www.reddit.com/r/HiTMAN/comments/7exyg9/mod_skip_intro_screen/

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Ahh!! Thank you

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Oh hell yes

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I watched "In Her Majestys Secret Service" last night and its cool how Hokkaido is basically the facility from that movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
https://www.ioi.dk/happy-hitman-holiday/

you can get all of paris for free right now so i "bought" it on ps4 and will do the reactivated elusives there hell yeah

• Locked thread