Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
it's not very equal if you have a leader now is it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

We should not forget that acceptance and equality are the very heart of progressive thought. Foreign actions, values and cultures should not be shunned or criticized simply because they do not necessarily mesh with what we consider to be the "normal". the act of raising one set of cultural values over all others is intrinsically fascist. So next time you feel the need to speak ill of someones behavior, remember that your worldview is in no way superior to theirs. Positive violence still plays an important role in many cultures around the world.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

kikkelivelho posted:

the act of raising one set of cultural values over all others is intrinsically fascist.

no it's not

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
yes it is

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

stalin

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Is this the party in which hetero sex is for procreation only and all recreational sex must be had homo-sexually?

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Of course it is. Social, moral and cultural superiority is one of the core tenets of Fascism. Fascism seeks to destroy ideas and cultures foreign to it's own, either through violent conversion or destruction.

Every "progressive" who disparages or attacks foreign cultures is an enemy of the progressive cause. Rather then finding an acceptable middle ground, these people are driving varied societies away from each other. It is foolish to claim that we have nothing to learn from other cultures.

kikkelivelho fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Mar 14, 2016

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

Mad Monk posted:

Is this the party in which hetero sex is for procreation only and all recreational sex must be had homo-sexually?

protocatholicism

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
i wonder what names commie nedflanders will drop next

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

kikkelivelho posted:

Of course it is. Social, moral and cultural superiority is one of the core tenets of Fascism. Fascism seeks to destroy ideas and cultures foreign to it's own, either through violent conversion or destruction.

Every "progressive" who disparages or attacks foreign cultures is an enemy of the progressive cause. Rather then finding an acceptable middle ground, these people are driving varied societies away from each other. It is foolish to claim that we have nothing to learn from other cultures.

So i guess we can't criticize ISIS for their barbarism or mistreatment of women because that would be "advocating cultural superiority".

i guess we should just be good lil multiculturalist and accept that this is just their culture and we have no place to say it is wrong and we should celebrate our differences maybe have a "gay stoning day" to celebrate our diversity

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

Commie NedFlanders posted:

So i guess we can't criticize ISIS for their barbarism or mistreatment of women because that would be "advocating cultural superiority".

i guess we should just be good lil multiculturalist and accept that this is just their culture and we have no place to say it is wrong and we should celebrate our differences maybe have a "gay stoning day" to celebrate our diversity

Can we make it April 4th I got nothing doing that day

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Commie NedFlanders posted:

ISIS in it's current form has only existed for a few years, during which it has been in a constant state of total war. It takes decades, even centuries, for societies to form a solid set of values. We have no way of knowing how society within ISIS held territories will evolve and most likely we never will, since it seems the west is fully dedicated to destroying them. Criticizing ISIS is like criticizing a country immediately after a revolution, of course the situation isn't perfect.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
Will you give everyone a gun specifically so you can storm their home and take it away?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
go gently caress yourselves

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

The Party stands strongly against any practice of cultural superiority, and for this reason, any who attempt to exalt any culture above the decrees of the Party shall be executed.

Any questions?

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

kikkelivelho posted:

ISIS in it's current form has only existed for a few years, during which it has been in a constant state of total war. It takes decades, even centuries, for societies to form a solid set of values. We have no way of knowing how society within ISIS held territories will evolve and most likely we never will, since it seems the west is fully dedicated to destroying them. Criticizing ISIS is like criticizing a country immediately after a revolution, of course the situation isn't perfect.

I can take a loving guess, can't I?

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Consider also that ever increasing globalization and mass migration are going cause massive changes in western societies. Personally I see 2 possible end points for Europe and america:

A unity system where all societies eventually merge into a single framework that adopts important values and behaviors from all of the societies that form it. This new society would incorporate arabic, western, latin and asian ideals into a single "super society"

or we will see a sectioned, multicultural system where multiple legal and religious frameworks functions within the same area. People could, for example, choose between sharia or western courts. This would allow all peoples to maintain their unique cultural heritage while functioning in a modern society.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Can I rat out my family to the secret police?

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Germstore posted:

Can I rat out my family to the secret police?

too late bitch i just made the call on you!! :grin:

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

kikkelivelho posted:

Consider also that ever increasing globalization and mass migration are going cause massive changes in western societies. Personally I see 2 possible end points for Europe and america:

A unity system where all societies eventually merge into a single framework that adopts important values and behaviors from all of the societies that form it. This new society would incorporate arabic, western, latin and asian ideals into a single "super society"

or we will see a sectioned, multicultural system where multiple legal and religious frameworks functions within the same area. People could, for example, choose between sharia or western courts. This would allow all peoples to maintain their unique cultural heritage while functioning in a modern society.

So in the latter set up if I bang the wife of some dude and he wants to resolve it in sharia courts (I assume that poo poo's not allowed) but I want to resolve it in the western courts (i.e. lol, you can't do poo poo, buddy) how is it decided?

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Dreddout posted:

I can take a loving guess, can't I?

You can indeed, but guesses by definition aren't very accurate.

Germstore posted:

So in the latter set up if I bang the wife of some dude and he wants to resolve it in sharia courts (I assume that poo poo's not allowed) but I want to resolve it in the western courts (i.e. lol, you can't do poo poo, buddy) how is it decided?

Crimes and issues would always be solved in the legal system which the victim belonged to at the time of the crime. This is the best way to ensure a fair outcome for the victim.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

kikkelivelho posted:

Crimes and issues would always be solved in the legal system which the victim belonged to at the time of the crime. This is the best way to ensure a fair outcome for the victim.

That's absolutely idiotic. Oh, whoops, hosed the wife of some dude with a backwards rear end legal system, now they're making me pay for the cost of beheading his wife.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

kikkelivelho posted:

:ironicat:

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

SirEvelynTremble posted:

Anyway I'm signing people up to my party, we believe so much in gun control we take guns off people regularly. Join us in the fight against social fascism now and make America nice again

Ah yeah, I love doing that. They're all like "pry it from my cold dead hands," and I do because it is easy as guns are pretty useless compared to the element of surprise. What a bunch of morons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

Stinky_Pete posted:

Ah yeah, I love doing that. They're all like "pry it from my cold dead hands," and I do because it is easy as guns are pretty useless compared to the element of surprise. What a bunch of morons.

It's like "Hey you can't do that! I had a gun!"

• Locked thread