Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

short answer: her friend drove the car out of the impound lot only to be confronted by the police one month later. great life hack!

I don't even remember signing up for this trash but I think it had something to do with this forum because I've seen computer related stuff on it. idk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killmaster
Jun 18, 2002
same

everything I get is related to WW2, getting rich quick or programming poo poo

I have a love/hate relationship with it

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
You can append ?share=1 to the url so that you can read the content without ever registering.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
why would you use quaora when you can just ask on yospos and get shaggar's take?

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold
This was the first post in today's digest. It's a real thinker.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold
ugh nice mobile experience, forums

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
it's downright quora-ble

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
what even is jt

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
it's a question-and-answer website where questions are asked, answered, edited and organized by its community of users.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Agreed, I could easily hack that pos website, but I don't feel like hooking up my WiFi booster

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Enderzero posted:

ugh nice mobile experience, forums

whilst serving i

Silver Alicorn posted:

it's a question-and-answer website where questions are asked, answered, edited and organized by its community of users.

when its good its good but when its full of trash its a glorified reddit ama for losers

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
Yahoo answers ftw

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
i get a ton of military (most ww2) and aviation questions on my newsletter and a lot of them are ftw

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
Amazon Q&A is a good reminder of how dumb the average person is. People think you're asking them personally.

Does this include lube?
gee idk lol

[ Question marked answered ]

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

wide stance posted:

Amazon Q&A is a good reminder of how dumb the average person is. People think you're asking them personally.

Does this include lube?
gee idk lol

but that self-selects for people who would bother to give useless answers like that in the first place, your example is skewed way down from average intelligence

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Mar 14, 2016

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

wide stance posted:

Does this include lube?
gee idk lol

i like to reply to questions on the forums like this sometimes

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

wide stance posted:

Does this include lube?
gee idk lol

it's because amazon sends out emails that make people think that they, personally, are being asked the question

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Silver Alicorn posted:

short answer: her friend drove the car out of the impound lot only to be confronted by the police one month later. great life hack!

I don't even remember signing up for this trash but I think it had something to do with this forum because I've seen computer related stuff on it. idk

i'm guessing the police popped him for trespassing (and/or breaking and entering?) when he went on the lot to grab the car

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Agreed, I could easily hack that pos website, but I don't feel like hooking up my WiFi booster

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
~/$ grep quora /etc/hosts
127.0.0.1       www.quora.com
~/$

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
i've seen some cool and good posts on quora but they're pretty few and far between and generally about niche subjects like computational neuroscience or whatever well that's my story

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
good story

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

all Q&A sites approach yahoo answers over time, can't you get video game tips & tricks on snackexchange now?

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

Sniep posted:

~/$ grep quora /etc/hosts
127.0.0.1       https://www.quora.com
~/$

lol if you're not sinkholing with your own local DNS server.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

computer toucher posted:

lol if you're not sinkholing with your own local DNS server.

i am not IT, i have no influence over the corporate networks including the wifi my laptop connects to.

if i was though i would absolutely do that.

• Locked thread