Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Abe Frohman
Mar 1, 2005

Kirby? He'll be a fry cook on Dreamland.
Problem description: Videos regardless of source either stop playing after some variable amount of time or the audio cuts out while the video continues playing, refreshing/advancing to the next video will fix this issue until it decides to happen again. This is true of Youtube and Netflix in both Chrome and Firefox, also true of local videos played through a media player. Has been a problem since the upgrade. (does not freeze the software in question or otherwise cause performance issues.)

Attempted fixes: Graphics Drivers, Audio Drivers, completely removing/reinstalling flash, various media players and video codecs and of course removing all addons/resetting browsers/switching browsers.

Recent changes: Upgraded from Win7 Ultimate x64 to Win10 Pro x64

--

Operating system: Windows 10 Pro x64

System specs: Home Brew. Motherboard: MSI P67A-G45 (B3) - Processor: 3.3ghz i5 2500k Sandy Bridge - Memory: 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 (2x4GB) - HDD: Crucial M4 128GB SSD - GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 750 ti

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Enough times to be annoyed by the lack of fresh un-clicked links on the google results.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abe Frohman
Mar 1, 2005

A bit of clarification, streaming video will stop at some point and bring up a loading circle though the video is fully loaded, if left alone it will eventually go to the Youtube error/static screen. Local videos just stop as if paused and will not resume by hitting play or stopping/playing. All videos need to be restarted after they stop or the audio cuts out.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

I'd use http://www.wagnardmobile.com/?q=display-driver-uninstaller-ddu- to uninstall the video drivers and then reinstall them.

If that doesn't help I'd make sure you're using all the latest intel chipset drivers: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html?iid=dc_iduu

Lastly another thing to do would be to verify you have the latest BIOS: https://msi.com/Motherboard/support/P67AG45_B3.html#down-driver

Abe Frohman
Mar 1, 2005

The bios is the latest, but I'll give the other 2 a shot and report back, thanks.

Abe Frohman
Mar 1, 2005

Did the things minus the bios, no good, but the MSI site there had a different version of the realtek audio drivers than the ones realtek provide and that did the trick, so thanks for leading me in the right direction. I appreciate it.

• Locked thread