Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Sheriff Jake
May 8, 2006
Got some gopros and a voice recorder for the holidays. Finally got some time to head out and give them a proper test. Road Mines Rd over Mt Ham the other week. Had a couple issues with audio but heres some test footage I took. Great ride if you haven't checked it out already. Some parts saw crazy fire damage from last year, feels like an alien landscape.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iX_JCtlKx90

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Mines is fun on a normal weekday when everybody is in the office. Its a shitshow on weekends.

Greg12
Apr 22, 2020
livermore to mt hamilton in less than 15 minutes holy gently caress

The Sheriff Jake
May 8, 2006

cursedshitbox posted:

Mines is fun on a normal weekday when everybody is in the office. Its a shitshow on weekends.

Thanks for the tip. I just started riding on the street but grew up on the dirt. I used to be at Club Moto 2-4 times a week. Im in school so its nice having a flexible schedule that I can squeeze in some riding.

Greg12 posted:

gotta go fast - Sonic

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
MX career or otherwise, Mines is a particularly bad choice to pretend that you're Rossi and its Club Moto. You do you though. Carry a Spot and leave it somewhere accessible for others.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
Do yourself a favor and get a helmet with a chin bar and a riding jacket that doesn't have sleeves that slide up to your elbows

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Greg12 posted:

It's not the entire ride -- the video is a bunch of clips stuck together. Riding the entire length of Mines Rd in 15 minutes would mean he averaged a little under 200mph. I don't see any particularly dangerous maneuvers in the bits that he posted.

Agreed that you gotta watch out on that road, though; even on the weekdays many times I've come around a blind corner to find a brodozer or horse trailer or UPS truck barreling towards me well over the line. Also boulders and deer and turkeys and sand patches. It's a pretty ride but not one to push too hard on.

Also yeah get a full face helmet

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Dying in a bike crash is the easy part, the hard part is living through a bad crash. And this is why you want a full face helmet:

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Facial Reconstruction Surgery is the way you get insurance to pay to make a new prettier you. Don't listen to these guys. Every crash can be like the opening to Skyrim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greg12
Apr 22, 2020

Sagebrush posted:

It's not the entire ride -- the video is a bunch of clips stuck together. Riding the entire length of Mines Rd in 15 minutes would mean he averaged a little under 200mph. I don't see any particularly dangerous maneuvers in the bits that he posted.

Agreed that you gotta watch out on that road, though; even on the weekdays many times I've come around a blind corner to find a brodozer or horse trailer or UPS truck barreling towards me well over the line. Also boulders and deer and turkeys and sand patches. It's a pretty ride but not one to push too hard on.

Also yeah get a full face helmet

mcbain that's the joke dot jpg