Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:
Problem description:
Recently when browsing SA and some other websites (usually news articles) my screen will go blank and then come back at the top of the webpage. So if it's a long webpage it will be scrolled to the top. It seems to happen when scrolling down the page. I want to stress that the page has not been refreshed due to this, just changed how far down I have scrolled.

I have a screenshot of the blank screen and it has an interesting address at the bottom in hovertext.

it's something to the effect of vindicosuite.com which after googling sounds like it's a problem with a site plugin for counting users but this has been happening on multiple sites so I can't help but feel like it's a problem on my end.

The blank page goes away if i try to inspect element or page up/down

Attempted fixes:

restarted / updated google chrome

Recent changes:

no
--

Operating system:
Chrome Version 49.0.2623.110 m
Windows 7 professional

System specs:
Dell optiplex 790

I have Googled and read the FAQ:
Yes

turbomoose fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Apr 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Have you tried another web browser? It could possibly be something like a stuck keyboard key.

Otherwise I'd try completely reinstalling Chrome and running these two programs:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/junkware-removal-tool/
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice
I also suggest installing the latest graphics drivers from the Intel/Nvidia/AMD website. Whichever card your machine has.

• Locked thread