Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
DO YOU DRONE THEM?
Yes. I kill them all. For the greater good.
NO! I DO NOT SUPPORT DRONING INNOCENT PEOPLE.
TRUMP *click*
View Results

• Locked thread
Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
You are the commander of a drone mission in eastern Africa. You've been ordered to drone strike a building full of terrorists who are gearing up to suicide bomb people.

Please note that you are NOT Alan Rickman in this scenario, nor Helen Mirren. You are Steve Watts (Aaron Paul), a former methamphetamine dealer turned drone pilot. You are ready to pull the trigger, but at the last moment a little girl enters the "kill zone." She is selling bread to feed her family. Your superior, Helen Mirren, repeatedly informs you that you are "clear to engage." You have the option of delaying the operation by requesting a CDA (collateral damage assessment) prior to engagement. This could allow the suicide bombers to escape before the CDA is completed.

Are you cold enough to kill that little girl, or will you risk allowing the suicide bombers to kill many more innocent people at a crowded venue? What do you do???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
For the record, I would not even hesitate. I'd fire that hellfire.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPGyt3ZDv2Y

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

How do you set up polls on SA now I wanted one for my who will Hilary invade thread but I hosed up apparently please help

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
i trust TRUMP *click* counts as mass drone slaughter

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

How do you set up polls on SA now I wanted one for my who will Hilary invade thread but I hosed up apparently please help

You select the "poll" tag, and then you click "preview post." After that, a checkbox will be below your post to post a poll. Click that and post your thread, and then you will have the option of attaching a poll to it!

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

thank you :)

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

shiksa posted:

i trust TRUMP *click* counts as mass drone slaughter

TRUMP *click* is hitting the little girl first to calibrate your weapons targeting.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Concerned Citizen posted:

For the record, I would not even hesitate. I'd fire that hellfire.

I wouldn't, but I'm open to the idea that I'd be in the wrong

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Zas posted:

I wouldn't, but I'm open to the idea that I'd be in the wrong

even if it was... :lol: that you would ever face repercussions

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
If you say you wouldn't kill that little girl, you have blood on your hands.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

I got my drone pilot notice 30 days prior to. Well, on that day I ceased cleansing my body. No more brushing my teeth, no more washing my hair, no baths, no soap, no water. Thirty days of debris build. I stopped shavin' and I was 18, had a little scraggly beard, really looked like a hippie. I had long hair, and it started gettin' kinky, matted up. Then two weeks before, I stopped eating any food with nutritional value. I just had chips, Pepsi, beer-stuff I never touched-buttered poop, little jars of Polish sausages, and I'd drink the syrup, I was this side of death, Then a week before, I stopped going to the bathroom. I did it in my pants. poop, piss the whole shot. My pants got crusted up.

See, I approached the whole thing like, I, a cool hard-workin' dude, am gonna wreak havoc on these imbeciles in the armed forces. I'm gonna play their own game, and I'm gonna destroy 'em. Now my whole body is crusted in poop and piss. I was ill. And three or four days before, I started stayin' awake. I was close to death, but I was in control. I was extremely antidrug as I've always been, but I snorted some crystal methedrine. Talk about one wounded motherf*cker. A guy put up four lines, and it was for all four of us, but I didn't know and I'm vacuuming that poop right up. I was a walking, talking hunk of human poop. I was six-foot-three of sin. So the guys took me down to the physical, and my nerves, my emotions were distraught. I was not a good person. I was wounded. But as painful and nauseous as it was — 'cause I was really into bein' clean and on the ball — I made gutter swine hippies look like football players. I was deviano.

So I went in, and those guys in uniform couldn't believe the smell. They were ridiculin' me and pushin' me around and I was cryin', but all the time I was laughin' to myself. When they stuck the needle in my arm for the blood test I passed out, and when I came to they were kicking me into the wall. Then they made everybody take off their pants, and I did, and this sergeant says, "Oh my God, put those back on! You f*cking swine you!" Then they had a urine test and I couldn't piss, But my poop was just like ooze, man, so I poop in the cup and put it on the counter. I had poop on my hand and my arm. The guy almost puked. I was so proud. I knew I had these chumps beat. The last thing I remember was wakin' up in the ear test booth and they were sweepin' up. So I went home and cleaned up.

They took a putty knife to me. I got the street rats out of my hair, ate some good steaks, beans, potatoes, cottage cheese, milk. A couple of days and I was ready to kick rear end. And in the mail I got this big juicy 4-F. They'd call dead people before they’d call my rear end. But you know the funny thing about it? I'd make an incredible drone pilot. I'd be a colonel before you knew what hit you, and I'd have the baddest bunch of motherf*ckin' confirmed strikes you'd ever seen. But I just wasn't into it. I was too busy doin' my own thing, you know?

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

I can't really take the war on terror seriously but I imagine if I somehow became a part of that paranoid CIA culture and started seeing suicide bombers down every Yemen alleyway I'd start to change fast.

As a civilian it all seems really dumb and bad but I have to admit my ignorance + bleeding heart

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
one civilian :rolleyes: jeeze talk about a soft ball.

should kill at least thirty to get three "suspected"

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

stoutfish posted:

one civilian :rolleyes: jeeze talk about a soft ball.

should kill at least thirty to get three "suspected"

more like should bomb a nearby full msf hospital to get 1 suspected

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

Isn't there anyone I can torture to get more information?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Panniculus Rift posted:

Isn't there anyone I can torture to get more information?

us drones are not dexterous enough yet to carry out enhanced interrogation techniques on nearby civilians. the air force added a blender to the hardware, but the robotic arms necessary to shove blended food up people's asses just don't exist yet

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
is the little girl a suicide bomber sent to blow up the other bombers like a counter-bomber if you will this might be important

also is anyone mexican or maybe gay since that affects the trump option imo

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

C. Everett Koop posted:

is the little girl a suicide bomber sent to blow up the other bombers like a counter-bomber if you will this might be important

also is anyone mexican or maybe gay since that affects the trump option imo

you're the mexican in the trump option. you have to kill a daily quota of terrorists or you are sent to build trump's wall

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
TRUMP! *click*

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Xelkelvos posted:

TRUMP! *click*

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

Xelkelvos posted:

TRUMP! *click*

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
yes, because i don't understand how collateral damage is counterproductive when fighting against a terrorist ideology

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
Voted to pull the trigger before reading the scenario. We need more men of action in this world.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
why is there no option to fire the missile and then crash the drone into survivors?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

AKA Pseudonym posted:

Voted to pull the trigger before reading the scenario. We need more men of action in this world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSaWuLiV4mw

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

logikv9 posted:

why is there no option to fire the missile and then crash the drone into survivors?

Drones are expensive. You think we're made of drones?

BouncingBuckyBalls
Feb 15, 2011
TRUMP*click* option means all Hellfire missiles have been upgraded to hold nuclear warheads.

Go big or go home. :smugdon:

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Whoever they hit will literally be made of a drone.

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

TRUMP *click* is hitting the little girl first to calibrate your weapons targeting.

good, im glad for it

TRUMP! *click*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

missiles are just one-way drones if you think about it, so yes

• Locked thread