Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rdsarna
Feb 13, 2016

Sorry, I'm NOT Funny! :airquote:
My "serious" Channel
Latest Video -
Part 2 - Heist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VwvV8H4Z98

Uncharted 2 Among Thieves is among (sorry) my favorite games ever. It's a story based third-person shooter with quite a few iconic set pieces. We go on a grand adventure with Nathan Drake and his mentor/best friend Sully to find treasure and riches.

Why do this Let's Play? Because I love this game.
I don't love this game just because of the set pieces, I believe it has some of the best interplay between characters in gaming. The "love triangle" in the game represents Nate's two sides in an awesome way. Chloe is the callous wild adventurous side of Nate while Elena is the good guy, heart of gold side of Nate. And there is a great push and pull in both directions.

I love this game because it's like being in a Hollywood action movie. I love AAA games that are an intersection of movies and games. Even though the shooting in this game isn't the best, the puzzles are extremely bare-bones and the hand to hand combat is shallow, just the fact that we're able to live in this kind of world with slightly over the top characters and scenarios is like realizing my childhood dream of being Han Solo or Indiana Jones. Plus, I genuinely love these characters. Especially, how they have grown and evolved. And now watching the Uncharted 4 trailers really shows the changed characters they are. It's similar to the reason why people repeatedly watch the TV show, "Friends". They like to hang out with those characters. And I like to hang out with the Uncharted characters.

What to expect from the LP?
So I'm going to be super excited as I play through this game. Even though I have played this game before, I do not remember the exact plot or the way the story goes. I just remember some key moments. So this is a partially blind playthrough of the game. I'll be talking about the technical improvements in the Remastered version. A lot of talk about the Story, Plot and Character development, like the Chloe-Elena drama. Some discussion on how the gameplay feels and the areas where Uncharted 4 is looking like a huge improvement. And some BTS tidbits that I've picked up over the years.

Videos -
Part 1 - Trainwrecked
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uenS-hbeFrM

Part 2 - Heist

rdsarna fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Apr 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
This might be just nitpicking but maybe you should play through the levels before recording. Those platforming setpieces are a lot cooler when you know where to go.

Anyways, really liking the LPs, man!

rdsarna
Feb 13, 2016

My "serious" Channel

Gargamel Gibson posted:

This might be just nitpicking but maybe you should play through the levels before recording. Those platforming setpieces are a lot cooler when you know where to go.

Anyways, really liking the LPs, man!

Hey, thanks for the input and your kind words.

I understand your point but I was wondering if that would take out the little element of discovery which exists right now. I thought going in blind or semi-blind is more fun. I could edit around the sections that I fail if that works better. Thoughts?

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Sure, that works. I definitely am enjoying the spontaneity.

rdsarna
Feb 13, 2016

My "serious" Channel

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Sure, that works. I definitely am enjoying the spontaneity.

Cool I'll try and do that, starting with this one!

In this part, Drake "non-lethally" infiltrates a Turkish palace / museum to steal a (magic) lamp. Don't know about non-lethally though, I'm pretty sure some of those guards won't make it. This is the most stealth-heavy portion of the game and thankfully I get through it without too much trouble.

Part 2 - Heist

• Locked thread