Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Episode 41: Stranger Mission Roundup

There really isn't much to the stranger missions in GTA IV, it wasn't until Red Dead Redemption that you could call them actual sidequests. Still, might as well show them all off in the LP because at least we meet some interesting characters during these things. This episode was actually recorded between parts 37 and 38, but I figured I'd leave it for a little bit later.

Episode 42 (FINAL): The Victory We Longed For

We wrap things up with the Deal ending. The mission is mostly the same as its Revenge counterpart, but Dimitri makes for a better final antagonist and the climax feels more dramatic in general.

[e] Looks like I forgot to update the "skip credits" timestamp when I went back to speed up some parts of the video. :downs: If the annotation doesn't show up, skip ahead to 22:11 if you want to skip the credits.

MUSIC HIGHLIGHT: David Axelrod - Holy Thursday (David Axelrod died a couple of days ago, and I'm highlighting this as kind of a tribute to the man even though we only hear a brief snippet in the video)

------

And with that, this LP finally reaches its end after nearly a year. I want to thank everyone for watching and posting in the thread, you really helped me get through the occasional technical difficulties and the less interesting parts of the game (of which there turned out to be quite a few) and I really appreciate all the feedback.

As for my next project, I'll obviously be working on the Jade Empire SSLP but I'll also start another VLP soon enough -- while the initial plan was to move on to Red Dead Redemption after this, I haven't yet decided if I'm actually doing RDR now or if I do Saints Row 1 first. I'm kinda leaning towards the latter at this point, as I think it'd be nice to have an HD-quality VLP of SR1 on the forums and eventually the archive (Edna Mode's old LP is good, but the video quality is showing its age). Whether it'll be in Blackwater or Stilwater, I'll see you later.

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Feb 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
You should do that KotOR1 SSLP, I followed that :v:

Also, gently caress Dimitri and gently caress that serial killer. Good riddance

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
Congrats on getting through this game Doc Morbid. Thoroughly enjoyed your play style and always looked forward to new videos.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
Congrats on the LP man, I enjoyed it all. I'm also very glad I didn't bother playing all the way though myself, some parts of that looked really padded.

also

Alexeythegreat posted:

Also, gently caress Dimitri and gently caress that serial killer. Good riddance

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Congratulations, Doc Morbid, on slogging all the way through to the end. It was really cool to see all those stranger missions I could never be bothered to hunt down, and a nice touch to notice how many of them tie into one another or the central plot, even in some minuscule way.

Johnny Amadeus
Apr 1, 2011

No, El Dorado.
Thanks, Doc, for the most cathartic LP I've experienced in a while. I guess they did do a good job at portraying realism, if you look at it from the slightly depressed point of view that life is just a series of random things that happen, most of them bad. That background conversation you ended it on puts it pretty well, I think. "Yeah, life's funny. So is cancer."

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Thanks for the great LP. I'm looking forward to the next one, but I'm hoping to see you eventually return for the DLC too. At least one of those was actually pretty good, if my memory serves me correctly.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Saints row would be good (mostly because I haven't watched a good LP of it in the past).

Dimitri has the weirdest voice-acting. The actor sounds kinda like a native Russian speaker, but he pronounces "Heroine" with a hard H rather than a G and doesn't fix any of the various grammar mistakes in his dialog. He also has little bizarre quirks like referring to Niko as a "Baltic" or "Хуй моржовый" which... yeah, it's a real Russian insult, but it's probably not quite harsh enough for "this guy just shot me to death".

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Feb 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010
Voice actor is this guy. He grew up in the US, so little wonder his Russian is a bit off.

• Locked thread