Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
oh i forgot there was a thread for this show. this oughta go here then

https://a.pomf.cat/epzsny.webm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

I don't know what to write or post but I still love the designs and the animation of this.

Imagine I posted a clip of the whole episode here.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
im really enjoying this show, i get bored of cute girls doing cute things very quickly, but this one has enough bite and wit to amuse me

especially nishiyama and hayama constantly pushing one another's buttons, but on another level, hayama genuinely likes nishiyama

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Phobophilia posted:

im really enjoying this show, i get bored of cute girls doing cute things very quickly, but this one has enough bite and wit to amuse me

especially nishiyama and hayama constantly pushing one another's buttons, but on another level, hayama genuinely likes nishiyama

Same. This show is well directed, with a great balance between humor and character drama, with well allocated animation to support each.

Incidently, every scene with a cat is animated in full 24 fps and it amuses me.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Phobophilia posted:

It's a good show and I like it, but I'm surprised that this is the SoL that doesn't tire you. It doesn't really stand out from the crowd for me.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The cats are animated with this marshmallow-like consistency and make then extra adorable with a hint of strangeness

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Show is good. Especially the girl who eats a lot.

krnhotwings
May 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
As mentioned by others already, I dunno if it's always been like this, but the animation's really good...

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

https://a.pomf.cat/lxqfme.webm

The bubbles

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I don't get it.

krnhotwings
May 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
That scene was actually the one that immediately caught my attention for its fluid animation.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Lucy Heartfilia fucked around with this message at 21:41 on May 31, 2016

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

It's a good show and I like it, but I'm surprised that this is the SoL that doesn't tire you. It doesn't really stand out from the crowd for me.

i suppose i do like SoLs, even super slow and contemplative ones like NNB or flying witch. i suppose i like this show because it feels like the characters can stand on their own, and have a ton of interactions with non-core members of the cast

also i like hayama being an awful person and futaba sounding perpetually drunk

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

all of them are awful persons

that's why the show is good

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Next Episode

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

futaba's va is so good :kimchi:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I dunno about the decision to shift the focus from Futaba to Nishiyama, but it still turned out cute and good and while it probably wouldn't get one a season 2 would be nice.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I've been catching up, show started off strong and has only gotten better. I loved Hayama & Nishiyama's date at the petting zoo, and the cultural festival was also great fun. The occasional bits of super-fluid animation are great. If this had been the only good SoL this season I'd have been watching it weekly and giffing a ton.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

RAB does the Sansha Sanyou OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cw3lWsZQJIc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Awesome. My favourite OP from that season.

• Locked thread