Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

Robo Reagan posted:

can we maybe post some fuking titles w/ the pics thanks

Here you go.

HTH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
In Finnish there is an idiom, literally "having a dick on one's forehead", which means being really pissed off.

So my first thought about that image was "uhh someone's angry?" until I remembered English lacks forehead dicks.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Rotacixe
Oct 21, 2008

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

its the temperature at which paper ignites and it's a book about burning books i'd say the title is pretty literal already

Rotacixe
Oct 21, 2008

Ahundredbux posted:

its the temperature at which paper ignites and it's a book about burning books i'd say the title is pretty literal already

There are many kinds of paper. Tin is a pure element. I stand by my literal interpretation.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

:effort:

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

Worldshatter fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Apr 14, 2016

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Shamelessly inspired by.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

half of you chose books the title of which literally describes something in the book. :gas:

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

even the loving OP doesn't understand/adhere to the concept in the name of the tthread

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Doctor Dogballs posted:

half of you chose books the title of which literally describes something in the book. :gas:
well i haven't even read The Good Earth, so hah

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

she's a gop voter these days lol

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

That Robot posted:

she's a gop voter these days lol

Her brother finally won

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

this

then

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Doctor Dogballs posted:

Thanks for your great contribution. Keep up the good work! :thumbsup:

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

jiggerypokery posted:

Here you go.

HTH

Yeah not everyone memorizes what music artists look like, jeez. I thought he was a Steve Jobs knock-off

Can't make it at work, but Gone with the Wind where it's just a wide-brimmed hat. Also Madame Bovary could be an anatomical diagram where the ovaries are replaced with cows.

Also, if you put the numeral 22 in the catcher's hand in the OP it'd be a double with Catch-22

Anyway here's Middlemarch :effort:

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

by James Joyce

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

... Hairy potter

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

MrWillsauce
Mar 19, 2015

harry potter is classic literature

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

My submidsion is for the novel "harry potter" and the image i have created shows a boy with a nametag and his nametag says "harry potter" on it

Also in the image is a big wizard and he is poitnting his finger at Harry Potter and there is a cartoon word bubble off the wizard's head and it says "that is my student, Harry Potter"

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp

Jimeth
Apr 14, 2016

Lackadaisical Phraseologist
I was going to do one for Lolita but then realised that's probably going to get me banned.

Jimeth
Apr 14, 2016

Lackadaisical Phraseologist

The Sun Also Rises. Geddit?

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

Marv Albert
May 15, 2003

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

I'm no good with photoshop, so imagine an old man juxtaposed with a letter C

also regarding Farenheit 451, the temperature for igniting paper was just some figure Bradbury heard, he had no idea if it was true but it sounded good to him, so the melting lead is a better literal interpretation

meselfs
Sep 26, 2015

The body may die, but the soul is always rotten
I have a request: Black Beauty.

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

meselfs posted:

I have a request: Black Beauty.

Easy, thanks GIS

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Dad, I loved it too but it was seven years ago.

Explosive Tampons
Jul 9, 2014

Your days are gone!!!
I'm not sure if this qualifies as a "classic novel" but whatever

there goes most of my effort for the month (I legit like the overlaid dropshadow "tom clancy" which was done by accident though)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drad_Bert
Jun 26, 2013

by Smythe

Explosive Tampons posted:

I'm not sure if this qualifies as a "classic novel" but whatever

there goes most of my effort for the month (I legit like the overlaid dropshadow "tom clancy" which was done by accident though)

Let me fix that for you

• Locked thread