Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I wonder if you could do that to Jump Force

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
That looks dope as gently caress and all but did I miss something where modders actually made Infinite fun?

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

As one of the 10 people who really liked mvc:i I'm pretty excited for this.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Medullah posted:

That looks dope as gently caress and all but did I miss something where modders actually made Infinite fun?

Frankly, everyone I heard who played MvCI said the gameplay was actually really good, it's just the roster was rear end and it looked like butt

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Waffleman_ posted:

Frankly, everyone I heard who played MvCI said the gameplay was actually really good, it's just the roster was rear end and it looked like butt

It needed some work (like the box needed more nerfs) but it had good bones!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

mvci's gameplay was not good but it wasnt terrible

stratego
May 6, 2007

lamentable dustman posted:

It needed some work (like the box needed more nerfs) but it had good functions!

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

i can't quite forgive mvci for being so bad but also being the only game to have x and sigma in it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

mvci is so tragic because there are some fun character choices on the capcom side but the marvel side is a wasteland

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

is there anyone on earth who wanted to play as gamora

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
i will never forgive them for cutting phoenix wright

also howard the duck should have been playable

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

The Dave posted:

poo poo is serious now with the MvCi shaders:

https://x.com/maximilian_/status/1785829442780274830

Pretty eh on max but this is cool of him to pay modders

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah. tbh I had more fun playing Infinite than I did 3, but a good part of that was because of how good the netcode was.

I really do think it's one of the better feeling tag fighters Capcom's ever put out, but... *gestures at everything else about the game*

Endorph posted:

is there anyone on earth who wanted to play as gamora

*sighs and raises their hand*

She's actually really fun in MvCI. She ended up being my main, and I'd run her with Venom, X, or Monster Hunter depending on my mood

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
So I am assuming in SF6 the only real way to earn Fighter Coins is as Premium Pass rewards? Does the Character Pass go on sale?

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010
MvC:I is easily my favorite playing of the VS games. I love it's tag systems and the characters who did managed to make the jump are MOSTLY their most fun incarnations in the series (sorry Chris.) Even the Gem system is an interesting spin on Isms/Grooves, even if the implementation was broke as gently caress. The new characters are by and large pretty fun too (outside Captain Marvel being budget Magneto) with Jedah and Winter Soldier being real standouts of the new guys. Nobody may have wanted the Winter Soldier, but gently caress if he wasn't one of the best-designed characters for the kind of game he was in.

It's just, y'know, everything else. The graphics. The music. The lack of meaningful content outsides VS mode. All the characters everyone wanted being DLC (and the Winter Soldier.) All the failures of the hype cycle leading to it instead of just NOT drawing attention to the bad poo poo.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/Heefnoff/status/1785472829204451789?t=DKGQw48UvMZnuA-lIR3LsA&s=19

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
MvCI Venom is peak. Love that character.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Sigma has a combo where basically every move is him cackling in a funny way and to this day my friends and i bring up "the laugh combo", so hopefully this project will bring the laugh combo to a new generation

e: this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfOMthKKyyM&t=150s

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Medullah posted:

The modder Max is commissioning has cracked open support for messing with Infinite using the Unreal Engine editor, so it's entirely possible for people to mold that game into their own weird and wonderful image on the gameplay side, not just the visual.

https://twitter.com/WistfulHopes/status/1784594973222166929
https://twitter.com/WistfulHopes/status/1784927312263454785

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Unlucky7 posted:

So I am assuming in SF6 the only real way to earn Fighter Coins is as Premium Pass rewards? Does the Character Pass go on sale?

Yeah, if you complete the Pass you earn the Fighter Coins back that you spent on it, but otherwise, that's it. Maybe that'll change in the future, but if you want some now, you're just going to have to buy them. It's not good.

The Character Pass hasn't gone on sale yet to my knowledge, but tbf I bought the deluxe edition when the game dropped, so it hasn't been something I've kept my eye on. But the game's coming up on a year, so if it hasn't yet, it'll be soon. I can't imagine it not going on sale around Evo (especially if Season 2 DLC has been announced by then)