Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Oh poo poo. The DC concert is the night before the Marine Corps Marathon. So, I'll be in town.

loving sweeeeet. How long is the concert because I'll probably have to be up around 5:30 that Sunday morning?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

AlternateNu posted:

Oh poo poo. The DC concert is the night before the Marine Corps Marathon. So, I'll be in town.

loving sweeeeet. How long is the concert because I'll probably have to be up around 5:30 that Sunday morning?

Aw nuts now I'm tempted to go to DC in October and do this too. Nier concert on Saturday into MCM on Sunday sounds badass. Hmm

It's at a good venue too though I haven't been in like 15 years

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

AlternateNu posted:

It's about 2:45 from curtain to curtain.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Hadn't even thought of going to one of the concerts but if one is going to be in DC then I am definitely going.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

One thing I didn't realize was that the conductor, two featured vocalists, and a couple of instrumental soloists are the only performers who are present at all the shows. The choir and most of the instrumental musicians are local performers who have a few days of rehearsal prior to the show. This comes from a person near me whose partner was the choir coordinator for Atlanta; I saw her talking with someone on stage after the show so it seems credible. I wondered how they could drag the whole orchestra around for one show a month and not go broke; there's my answer.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Oh yeah that's standard practice. The FF7: Rebirth show in December is going to be performed by the ASO :)

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

susan b buffering posted:

Oh yeah that's standard practice. The FF7: Rebirth show in December is going to be performed by the ASO :)

Makes perfect sense; I'd never bothered to think about it! :cheerdoge:

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

DC concert tickers are double the price of Chicago and the venue sucks but I'm still going at least I don't have to fly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kefa
Jul 14, 2023

I want one in Toronto so bad