Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

The Case of Edgar Coli

The game tries a new tactic to defeat me in this case: psychological warfare!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dong Quixote
Oct 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
After that last video, it sounds like it's gonna be a race between you scooping up the last four masterminds versus the game breaking your spirit CirclMastr.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
that's basically the covert action experience in general

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum
Pretty sure what happened is that you got multiple copies of the coded message, which partially decodes them. If you look at the message when you get it through the wiretap, after saying "(message not decoded)" it gave you "meeting notes" that included: "selected your organization ... out the kidnapping ... Edgar Coli. Please ... necessary arrangements. You ... paid handsomely for ..."

I'm guessing that extra information meant you got an "easier" version of the message to decode.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Xenoveritas posted:

Pretty sure what happened is that you got multiple copies of the coded message, which partially decodes them. If you look at the message when you get it through the wiretap, after saying "(message not decoded)" it gave you "meeting notes" that included: "selected your organization ... out the kidnapping ... Edgar Coli. Please ... necessary arrangements. You ... paid handsomely for ..."

I'm guessing that extra information meant you got an "easier" version of the message to decode.

Those were actually not from a coded message at all, but from the agent meeting with another agent in person. All you can get from those is that partial transcript and the details on the other agent; there's no message for you to decode.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat
*toilet photographed*

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

The Other Case of the Medical College

This time I am pleasantly surprised by the game.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Well, you try enough times and it has to happen eventually! You just sound so happy about some of those early intel pulls. "And it's here in Panama!"

and then it gets better :v:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Kicking in that door to find them throwing a birthday party.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
I believe the mafia inside contact is because the mafia and CIA are allies. Also in the game they are linked.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
The birthday party was fun, but oh my god everything from about 15:30 on. Magical. :allears:

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

The Other, Other Case of the Prison Warden

Also the case of terrible Price is Right jokes.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

:toot: You did it! :toot:

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
The country is Colombia, not Columbia. Home to your other favourite mistake, Bogota.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

The country is Colombia, not Columbia. Home to your other favourite mistake, Bogota.

My favorite mistake is making LPs.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
Mine is posting before watching the rest of the episode.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

It might just be because I work in engineering, but I quite like the electronics minigame. I put my extra point into crypto instead of electronics and it actually feels a bit easier at a higher difficulty, because you get a bigger variety of chips and not so many of those ones that send one input to both outputs, which is something I usually don't want to do.

Also that room layout where the agent room + shitloads of guards is the only entrance/exit is super fun, isn't it?

(My mistake is still being 7 videos behind, I need to quit living in the past)

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

The Other, Other, Other Case of the Prison Visitor Pass

Only two Masterminds left to go. The end is in sight!

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Episode, somehow, features a spoiler for (I think) the most recent season of Game of Thrones.

The Other, Other Case of the Medical College featuring JamieTheD

JamieTheD, in addition to being the secret Mastermind, is killing goons in the course of playing Screwfly's back catalogue.

Dong Quixote
Oct 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Since there's only two organizations left with masterminds at large, and you have a name, can't you bust into both of them, google the name, and see where to scoop them up?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I could, but I'd rather save such unfairness for just the final mastermind.

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

LPer, Reviewer, Mad Welshman

(Yes, that's a self portrait)

CirclMastr posted:

I could, but I'd rather save such unfairness for just the final mastermind.

Well, this is the beauty of being a Mastermind... I'm untouchable, due to the fact our protagonist can't get to Cardiff or Belfast, muahahahaaaaa!

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

The Other Case of Edgar Coli

Once again, we have a victim who didn't learn their lesson the first time.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

The Other, Other, Other Case of the Medical College

It may be Christmas Eve, but terrorism never sleeps. So expect an update tomorrow (to make up for missing one Wednesday).

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

The Other, Other, Other Case of the Prison Warden

My Christmas gift to you is peace on Earth.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Did you plan this to end today?

Dong Quixote
Oct 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
And on Christmas Day, Mossad got what they were hoping for all year: an end to constant break-ins at their Washington station. Congrats on ending terrorism forever in the West in the near future of July, 1995 CirclMastr, and thanks for the LP!

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

ButtDoktor posted:

And on Christmas Day, Mossad got what they were hoping for all year: an end to constant break-ins at their Washington station. Congrats on ending terrorism forever in the West in the near future of July, 1995 CirclMastr, and thanks for the LP!

Here's how I imagine Christmas Eve in the Mossad office really went:

:cop:: Yes, I finally took down that jerk who's been breaking in to use our computers! Though, I thought he wore black, not red. And what's with the beard? Wait a minute, that's... uh, whoops? Sure hope this thing was loaded with sleeping bullets.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

And thus ends the saga of the man who had to take pictures of grenades before he could pick them up. :golfclap:

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Congrats! I need to catch back up on videos, it seems.

Felinoid posted:

And thus ends the saga of the man who had to take pictures of grenades before he could pick them up. :golfclap:

A proper chain of evidence is of utmost importance.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Congratulations! Thanks for an entertaining marathon of a LP and for introducing me to this game, it's heaps of fun to play.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Thanks for the support, everyone. Now I just need to figure out what to LP next...

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

CirclMastr posted:

Thanks for the support, everyone. Now I just need to figure out what to LP next...

Sid Meier's other collection of completely unrelated minigames that he somehow has no issue with, Pirates!

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
Sword of the Samurai's another good microprose minigame game.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

If you wanna keep a spy theme going, maybe kgb or similar?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
well done circl you rule :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Pvt.Scott posted:

Sid Meier's other collection of completely unrelated minigames that he somehow has no issue with, Pirates!

I'd probably just play the modern remake, and I don't think I could actually contribute anything to an LP of that.

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Sword of the Samurai's another good microprose minigame game.

I am so terrible at Sword of the Samurai it's not even funny. Maybe someday.

bunnyofdoom posted:

If you wanna keep a spy theme going, maybe kgb or similar?

I'm not sure where I would get a copy of KGB/Conspiracy, but I was eyeing Orwell which is... kinda spy themed maybe?

• Locked thread