Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Mike-o posted:

I hated going to random stranger's doors and bugging them at 8 in the morning on a saturday. Even at that age I knew it was a dick move.

ever get trolled by the people who you were spreading the word to?

my friends and I did stuff like answering the door with metal blaring and praising Satan, or one of us would strip naked and let our dicks swing in front of them, stuff like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Mike-o posted:

Guess I was on the right track. gently caress JWs are crazy and dumb.

ehh, it's christianity wide.

were JW peoples that were into saving souls? the weirdest thing for me growing up catholic was all the lazy baptists and poo poo that only had to be saved to be in heaven, unlike catholics who were basically going to hell unless you tried not to.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
My front yard is behind a gate that locks and doesnt have a door bell, so living within walking distance of a JW church, Korean baptist church and Mormon temple is fine

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

VikingSkull posted:

ever get trolled by the people who you were spreading the word to?

my friends and I did stuff like answering the door with metal blaring and praising Satan, or one of us would strip naked and let our dicks swing in front of them, stuff like that

nah, I was just a little kid so thankfully someone didn't gently caress with me. i think my mom has some stories though.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

ehh, it's christianity wide.

were JW peoples that were into saving souls? the weirdest thing for me growing up catholic was all the lazy baptists and poo poo that only had to be saved to be in heaven, unlike catholics who were basically going to hell unless you tried not to.

some of them are, but mostly it's because proselytyzing is a requirement. they make you fill out papers of your "hours" worked trying to convert people. they will passive aggressively hound you until you get in more hours of trying to convert people. like i said before, JWs are a business now. they use all the poor uneducated members to bring in more members, "encourage" donations to the org, and basically use them as unpaid labor for their real estate developments.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Booblord Zagats posted:

My front yard is behind a gate that locks and doesnt have a door bell, so living within walking distance of a JW church, Korean baptist church and Mormon temple is fine

your house

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

The wall is block and about 4 feet tall, and hidden pretty well behind my rose bushes, which admittedly need pruning right now, but I'm afraid to do so so soon after they've bloomed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners
it is chanlink with lovely weeds growing in it

• Locked thread