Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GreenTea4Breakfast
Feb 17, 2016

good morning, friends
This is a long shot, but I figure if any forum on the internet can help me find a Korean teapot, it's this one.

I have a sentimental attachment to a tea set I received years ago as a graduation present from my aunt, a potter, who found it in a thrift store in Michigan. The packaging was in Korean and the seal on the bottom of each piece says 密陽, which makes me think it might have been a product of the Milyang Chinaware Co., but it's not listed on their webpage.

I have attached photos of one of the surviving cups and its saucer. The pot had a side handle and was in the same style.

If anyone knows where I can find one like it, I'm willing to pay more than it's worth, probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Authentic You
Mar 4, 2007

Listen now this is your
captain calling:
Your captain is dead.
Have you checked out Replacements.com? They have listings and usually inventory of pretty much every china pattern ever. I believe they also offer a service to help identify/find your pattern.

erobadapazzi
Jul 23, 2007
I don't know anything about tea sets, but you're aware that isn't Korean, right? (Not to say it couldn't still be a Korean set, though.)

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Pretty sure that's Japanese, and not a fancy famous set. Sorry, op. I'd be happy to send you something similar with a teapot (kyusu.)

GreenTea4Breakfast
Feb 17, 2016

good morning, friends
I realize the calligraphy on the cup isn't Korean; the packaging, however, definitely was.

And I realize it's like a cheap mass-produced set -- in fact, I'm counting on it to be able to find another -- but I have, as I said, a strong sentimental attachment to it. I appreciate the offer of a kyuusu, though, Peanut. In the meantime, I'll continue to comb Replacements.

• Locked thread