Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I saw there's a new version of UT in Pre Alpha. :hellyeah:

It seems like the exact same game, the rocket launcher and flak cannon are still there, the only weapon I noticed missing is the razor blade launcher. I thought it would be a fun journey back in time so I gave it a try.

Didn't work out. I'm old and don't play games as much now so I suck at it, and turns out I also get motion sickness from playing FPS games now. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
thats cool. the game i mean, not your motion sickness. :P

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I'm really sad to hear that doom has load outs and I wish UT3 would exist on the newer consoles and that their multiplayer servers weren't shut down and man I miss arena shooters

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

H O L Y S H I T ! ! !

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

I'm really sad to hear that doom has load outs and I wish UT3 would exist on the newer consoles and that their multiplayer servers weren't shut down and man I miss arena shooters

Doom also has numbers popping out of enemies it's purest rain HIV, th disease that causes aids

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

P-Mack posted:

I saw there's a new version of UT in Pre Alpha. :hellyeah:

It seems like the exact same game, the rocket launcher and flak cannon are still there, the only weapon I noticed missing is the razor blade launcher. I thought it would be a fun journey back in time so I gave it a try.

Didn't work out. I'm old and don't play games as much now so I suck at it, and turns out I also get motion sickness from playing FPS games now. :sigh:

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Benny D posted:

Doom also has numbers popping out of enemies it's purest rain HIV, th disease that causes aids

Wait, why the gently caress would there be numbers instead of gibs?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

P-Mack posted:

Wait, why the gently caress would there be numbers instead of gibs?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Mods, please change the title to Unreal Tournament is AIDS blood.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
was expecting "and it's a free to play mobile game"

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

no they will not posted:

was expecting "and it's a free to play mobile game"

most of the programming and assets are being made by the community

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

it launched as a Free Early Access Alpha and there were things everywhere saying WIP , not final product etc. it had one mode and one map but the one thing they had working was their store where you could buy hats, lol.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

project cars was made like that and its one of the best games of its type. u wouldnt believe how good it is

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
although, im not sure how much the community made for the game exactly. but cars stands for "community assisted racing simulator".

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

although, im not sure how much the community made for the game exactly. but cars stands for "community assisted racing simulator".

Haha clever

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
in pog form

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

it launched as a Free Early Access Alpha and there were things everywhere saying WIP , not final product etc. it had one mode and one map but the one thing they had working was their store where you could buy hats, lol.

yeah. the maps dont even have textures but hats were already realised

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

I.N.R.I posted:

project cars was made like that and its one of the best games of its type. u wouldnt believe how good it is

unfortunately this is ut, a game that has never been the best of its type

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yeah. the maps dont even have textures but hats were already realised

this right here, THIS is the unreal tournament experience

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
nice to know people are still playing deathmatch on UT99 online, just played about 4 or 5 rounds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

• Locked thread