Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Hi everybody, looking for opinions on Corbeau seats. I'm sick of the horrible stock seats in my mustang and thinking about picking up the Corbeau GTS II seats, likely "fully optioned". I'd love to know if anyone has experience with them.

The use case is mostly street, and I'm tall and fairly broad shouldered but not overweight, so I think the fitment works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
Those are some pretty small seats.

15.5" at the shoulders
19.5" at the waist
20" at the butt

with the bolstering on that you wont have a lot of room to lean back into it if you have a wide waist line.

I have the LG1 and its kind of tight at
20.5 at the shoulders
19.5 at the waist
21" at the butt

I am not a very big dude and I just fit into the chair at 200lb and 5'8" tall.
I should of got the wide version of those seats in hind sight, but i do fit in them.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

I may be wrong, but it looks like the GTS II has a flatter shoulder bolster area - meaning, with the LG1 you have to fit in that 20.5 width, because the bolsters actually interfere. With the GTSII, I suspect the bolsters wouldn't actually be anywhere near your shoulders.

Also, I'm a solid 6 inches taller than you, and about 5 pounds lighter, so I'm still inclined to think I'd fit. I do wish I could find somewhere to try them.

Any issues with fading? I'm seeing a few reviews that are saying the black cloth fades to blueish. I might be ok because I have dark tint, but maybe the suede doesn't fade?

Edit: oh, and because of my height, I'm thinking the shaved base is the way to go. I saw one reviewer saying that the seat didn't have much padding on the base, but most didn't.

Krakkles fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Apr 25, 2016

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
shoulder bolsters will prolly be a non issue. but some people dont like being squeezed in the gut. you will definitely have to lift your leg over the seat to get in and out.

I have leather and no fading issues yet, They are also a year old and I have tinted windows. Also I agree with shaved base! lower the center of gravity anyway you can!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Find a way to sit in the seats before you buy it.

I'm 6'9, and a lot of "shoudler bolsters" end up basically cuddling my ribs around my armpits, to the point where a taller seat would actually be LESS comfortable, so the measurements are only half the battle. bodies are so different that just going height x weight x seat bolster = fit will never work.

When you're talking about dropping $1k on a seat, spending a bit in gas to find a dealer, or harassing some craigslister that's selling a car with them isn't that much of an investment.

ToreA55
Aug 2, 2010
I have a set of the suede GTS IIs in black with gray inserts in my Mark VIII and find them pretty comfortable. I am pretty average height/build, 5'10", 34" waist, 30" inseam, wear medium shirts, etc. You are correct that the bolsters are well below the shoulders. They come in well below the armpits on me. I used the Corbeau brackets with the double-locking sliders and found them to be about the same height as the stock seats. If you have a sunroof and plan on doing anything that requires a helmet, I would definitely get the cushion shaved, since Corbeau offers the service. I have to slouch and/or tilt my neck for autocross.

The only discomfort I have had is on a long drive, it can be difficult to find a position to let me left foot rest off the clutch pedal and rest my left thigh on the bolster comfortably. Otherwise, I really like them and passengers seem to as well. Buy them from Late Model Restoration; I think I paid ~$850, and you can use a 6% forums discount code from Stangnet or corral or one of those Mustang forums.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Powershift posted:

When you're talking about dropping $1k on a seat, spending a bit in gas to find a dealer, or harassing some craigslister that's selling a car with them isn't that much of an investment.
Yeah, I'm trying. I reached out to Corbeau to see if they have any suggestions, and I can't believe there aren't any dealers in my area (Los Angeles, roughly), but their site isn't showing much so far.

I didn't think of the CL angle - maybe I'll throw up an ad and offer somebody :10bux: to let me try them out.

Tore, thank you. Everyone! Thank you. I do not have a sunroof, but a helmet is always a possibility, and I feel like the current driving position is on the high side of ok anyway, so definitely going with the shaved base. I'll check out LMR, and I appreciate that, but I probably can't - I'm planning to do seat heaters + lumbar support also.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Krakkles posted:

Yeah, I'm trying. I reached out to Corbeau to see if they have any suggestions, and I can't believe there aren't any dealers in my area (Los Angeles, roughly), but their site isn't showing much so far.

I didn't think of the CL angle - maybe I'll throw up an ad and offer somebody :10bux: to let me try them out.

Tore, thank you. Everyone! Thank you. I do not have a sunroof, but a helmet is always a possibility, and I feel like the current driving position is on the high side of ok anyway, so definitely going with the shaved base. I'll check out LMR, and I appreciate that, but I probably can't - I'm planning to do seat heaters + lumbar support also.

There are some listed for sale on craigslist. Ask this guy if you can sit in his seats.

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/pts/5527010864.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Powershift posted:

There are some listed for sale on craigslist. Ask this guy if you can sit in his seats.

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/pts/5527010864.html
Awesome, thank you!

• Locked thread