Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

theyre taking the guacamelee approach to DLC and just re-releasing the game with a ton of new stuff baked into the base game, if you have the original it's just 5 bucks to grab the new and improved version.

ori kind of came out of nowhere and it's a really amazing metroidvania, so im super hyped for this release. anyone else grabbing it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ill probably get it over the summer, ggot too much on my plate to do it now

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ori and the fart rear end lmfao... Topic locked,

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

lmao. i plan to gush about how much i like the game here tho

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i never finished it originally last year oops

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Horny & the Big Horsedick

just kidding, i'll play this when its on sale :D

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

i never finished it originally last year oops

this is yer chance. they added 2 big new areas and tons of new puzzles all over

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i would play this but i just bought 6 castlevania games OP. so im good on metroid vanias for a while

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Play Aria next.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
ori was my goty 2015. very hype for this...

one of the level designers posts here sometimes, though i haven't seen him lately.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I never got very far into Ori even though I can tell its good because I heard this was coming out and there was no way I was going to play it twice probably.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I'll be picking it up for sure.

EvilMike
Dec 6, 2004

PleasingFungus posted:

ori was my goty 2015. very hype for this...

one of the level designers posts here sometimes, though i haven't seen him lately.

hi

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hey man, good job on the game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh poo poo yeah! This guy should fight ropekid

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

awesome game. im dling the def. edition right now

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Oh poo poo yeah! This guy should fight ropekid

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Where's that one Ubisoft guy. Let's kick his rear end

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
don't kick the ubisofts guys rear end yet, he owes me a beta code for his bushido blade knock off

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

this game is so pretty and the devs are loonies for hand drawing everything

EvilMike
Dec 6, 2004

Bobnumerotres posted:

this game is so pretty and the devs are loonies for hand drawing everything

it's not like every screen is completely hand painted. the scenes are made up of smaller 2d art assets which are laid on top of each other in the unity editor, with a flexible shader system and a lot of post processing allowing for a ton of stuff to be reused and still look unique. here's a cool video one of the artists made which shows how one area was built https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvwEprhAaps

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

EvilMike posted:

it's not like every screen is completely hand painted. the scenes are made up of smaller 2d art assets which are laid on top of each other in the unity editor, with a flexible shader system and a lot of post processing allowing for a ton of stuff to be reused and still look unique. here's a cool video one of the artists made which shows how one area was built https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvwEprhAaps

this is awesome

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

any chance of this coming out on playstation in the future ? :-)

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

I.N.R.I posted:

any chance of this coming out on playstation in the future ? :-)

it's published by microsoft so i wouldn't expect it but you never know

also the new areas are very cool and then new abilities are fun

there are a ton of good changes like fast travel between save points and being able to re enter the dungeon levels after you beat them so you can get stuff you missed

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i played this again recently and there are a lot of areas that have been visually spruced up too, the game is even prettier. the warping stuff will be awesome for the endgame item hunt

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

seems like the new hard mode just doubles the damage you take, but thats a pretty significant difficulty spike in a game like this lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

EvilMike posted:

cool

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

Bobnumerotres posted:

seems like the new hard mode just doubles the damage you take, but thats a pretty significant difficulty spike in a game like this lol

yeah iv'e died over a hundred times and i'm just heading to the misty woods. they also changed up some upgrade locations so you don't get as much energy early on.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i just got the double jump and i appreciate that spike traps and stuff actually loving kill me instead of letting me "cheat" w/ hit invincibility and squeezing by to the next area lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

i just got the double jump and i appreciate that spike traps and stuff actually loving kill me instead of letting me "cheat" w/ hit invincibility and squeezing by to the next area lol

you would

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

at the forlorn ruins, the prettiest locale in gaming. i also havent seen any of the new content yet. it's all late game areas?

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

Bobnumerotres posted:

at the forlorn ruins, the prettiest locale in gaming. i also havent seen any of the new content yet. it's all late game areas?

nope the new content is all in the southern area of the map. it can be accessed to the right of the sunken glade save point.

the first area is early game difficulty, and the second part is more mid game difficulty

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Cnidaria posted:

nope the new content is all in the southern area of the map. it can be accessed to the right of the sunken glade save point.

the first area is early game difficulty, and the second part is more mid game difficulty

jesus i cant believe i missed this

an incredibly fast dash and throwing grenades that i can bounce myself off of to break like every puzzle in the game, this is awesome

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i think my favorite part of the whole game is that the equivalent of the screw attack that shreds everything and the spacejump that lets you freely explore everything and break early puzzles are rolled into one final upgrade and it feels really awesome. they immediately throw you some extreme platforming puzzles that test it out too

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

i never played this last year so I might definitely grab this when I'm done bingeing on Dark Souls III

Sophian
Jun 16, 2007
I'm nothing.

Thank you for giving this game to the world :)

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i just noticed the thread tag for this thread which is epic as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

trying to jack off posted:

i just noticed the thread tag for this thread which is epic as hell

kirby is awesome.

i completed this game 100% on hard mode. ill probably do it again with the DLC upgrades early. my only complaint is that the game has an ending and there isnt more stuff to do.

• Locked thread