Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
How accurate is Doom, anyhow? Like, half the time? Or does it actually have pretty good odds given you have to find a spell book first?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

In lieu of meaningful text, I'm just going to mention I've been exploding all day and now it hurts to breathe, so I'm sure you all understand.

Glazius posted:

How accurate is Doom, anyhow? Like, half the time? Or does it actually have pretty good odds given you have to find a spell book first?

Near as I can tell, like any status effect in this game, it'll connect as long as the target isn't immune.

That said, by the time you get access to Doom, you have plenty of other options for one-shotting problem enemies, and your Spell books are better used for other purposes.

Blaze Dragon posted:

It's always a really good idea to have a "run away" button in hand in this kind of game. I never go into a dungeon without an Escape Orb in SMD, for example, even if in the end I rarely if ever use them.

One point I'll give to Digimon World 2, a game I'm most definitely not a fan of, is that you don't need an item for it, you get an auto-pilot or whatever option by default that makes you leave a dungeon and returns you to base.

Huh. Yeah, when the teleport home item is so cheap and common, it does kinda make more sense to just make it a menu option.
----

Welcome back! Today, we'll finally be finishing off this blasted tower.

That said, if I get a chance to break some stuff, I still will. :v:

Seriously, the RNG is loving with me. Two sets of Holy claws just on this one trip.

After a bit of IDing at the stove, I wind up with a nice, shiny +5 Iron clwas.

Make that +6, rather.

And that gets us ATK UP

And then this rear end in a top hat steals our good saddle!

Time to show him what happens to thieves around these parts.

Yes, perish for your sinful way-

Oh, dammit. Well, other spells still kill him dead, and we recover our Ribbon.

Our Mirage saddle has gotten a few levels since we started the climb, but I don't quite want it to break just yet.

Those Iron claws, though, are ready to go, and we get EXP UP for our troubles.

A bit of inventory management before we go back and take on the boss.

If I can ever find myself a pair of Weak claws, this'll be totally worth it.

Back on the 13th floor, things are starting to get desperate.

Great time to use one of our panic buttons. Unicorn is a pretty great summon stone, since it'll fully restore Kwehry's HP and energy.

As well as damage all nearby enemies.

Welp, enough fooling around. Time to clear the tower.

Imp Robo Boss Tunes!

We've fought Imp Robo Boss before, but he's gotten a little bit of an upgrade.

The usual summon spam takes care of his cronies.

And from there, the usual thunder spam takes care of the boss.

With the speed bump taken care of, we can finally do what we came here for in the first place.

: This's Cid. How's it looking over there, Chubby Chocobo?

: It's all ready. The Head Magician's here too.

: Greetings, Cid. Who would have thought the day would come for us to combine our powers? Are you still pursuing your odd studies?

: Coming from ya, I'll take that as a compliment.

CidNormalR :Well then, y'all git to yer posts.

[video type=""]iZ_7cvwx8gA[/video]

The FMV will take us to the end of the update this time.

Badass Action Tunes!

Looks like Gotton and Gauche are helping to launch the airship.

Cid here is basically that guy who sleeps with a shotgun under his bed just in case a burglar breaks in.

Only the shotgun is a cannon mounted on an airship, and the burglar is a time machine piloted by a demon made of hate.

And Cid really should have known to not bring an airship cannon to a finger laser fight.

The dungeon readies another shot...

Only to be stopped by Bahamut finally doing something.

Cid and Kwehry eject from the airship.

And Chubby Chocobo hauls rear end to go save them.

While Ben hurls a spear at the dungeon and actually damages it.

And the Black Mages do their part.

And drop a lightning bolt on the dungeon.

Which knocks it right out of the sky.

Tune in next time for the final dungeon!

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Holy crap was that :kickinrad:

Also I love the FF7 joke

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
That certainly is one way to get a final dungeon!

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Yeah, when Bahamut hit the eye I thought were were going to jump in the thing while it was still flying around. But I suppose it wouldn't be much of a roguelike final dungeon if it was tough to get back into. Thanks, black mages. Thackmages.

• Locked thread