Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

I have no idea where this game is going, but it's certainly magical places in every sense of the word with stuff like Harry's broom sitting around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

The joys of LP: saying "corporate" instead of "corporal" while bitching about linguistics.

05. The whips are missing.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
I burst out in laughter when I saw the orcs.
How the gently caress are you doing this?

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
It just keeps topping itself doesn't it?

That password poo poo is unbelievable.

ModeWondershot
Dec 30, 2014

Portu-geezer
I feel like there needs to be some kind of Russian Games Megathread to document all the second-tier games that seem to be popping up on Steam and the like.

This is amazing to watch, so keep going!

Dander My DOSDruid
Dec 29, 2013

by Cowcaster
Fun Shoe
They want to show off all the environments their engine can produce yet the last 5 or 6 levels were all grey metal with very drab square rooms.

I guess all pretense of them caring about the plot is gone now that lab techs are working with the borg.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Dander My DOSDruid posted:

They want to show off all the environments their engine can produce yet the last 5 or 6 levels were all grey metal with very drab square rooms.

I guess all pretense of them caring about the plot is gone now that lab techs are working with the borg.
This next update is just what you need.

06. Master of Souls.

Oh, yes...

bumblingbee
Dec 30, 2012

Gregbus? Gregbus, what's wrong? Answer me! GREGBUS!
Huh, seems somewhat logical that Russian hell would include pickled human.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

If you want a cutscene to trigger a mechanism, do you
a) script the cutscene to trigger the mechanism, or
b) put your faith in an NPC scripted to push the button that triggers the mechanism?

There's bad level design and there's...

07. Indiana Jones & The Load of Bollocks.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer
I'm 8 minutes into the video and I am disappointed that you never addressed the idiotic fake-Caucasian* accent that they gave to the supposedly Latin Americans.

*For those not in the loop: "caucasian" here means "from Caucasus countries", i.e. Armenia/Georgia/Azerbaijan/southern parts of Russia

E: 18:50. Complete global vegetation.

nutri_void fucked around with this message at 22:05 on May 16, 2016

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
You actually found someone more annoying than the main character, congratulations.

ModeWondershot
Dec 30, 2014

Portu-geezer
What even the hell was that trap on the ceiling that killed you at the beginning?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

ModeWondershot posted:

What even the hell was that trap on the ceiling that killed you at the beginning?
A 3D primitive drops from above and squishes you. Early versions of Maya were crude and it took centuries to get it to the current level of non-lethal modelling software.

Dander My DOSDruid
Dec 29, 2013

by Cowcaster
Fun Shoe
The Purgatory levels giving way to the jungle was a bit of a shock, didn't think I would ever see so much life and colour in this nightmare. Waterfalls, bridges, plants, the sounds of birds chirping and water dashing on the rocks. For a moment I thought it was a different game until it whipped out its Hellforces quirks again.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
Just watched the entirety here, christ the game is so dull I've started doing other things while listening to your commentary :/. It's a good LP, but the game is so dull and lifeless.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

08. The brightest sewer.

From the test run...

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Oh, so that's where all the lighting went. It all went into that one cutscene.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

Alexeythegreat posted:

*For those not in the loop: "caucasian" here means "from Caucasus countries", i.e. Armenia/Georgia/Azerbaijan/southern parts of Russia

Partly on that topic, I just realized in the last few videos that the producers were called "ORION" and not "ARIAN" or "A-RYAN" or something similar. I kept wondering why you weren't addressing that name in your comments. :downs: Those guys seem like they would think having an "edgy" name would be funny.

I'm impressed that they even tried to have a story in this game. It feels like they were making Axe Cop the game, except not funny at all. I may have fallen asleep a few times during the LP (not your fault. You're doing a great job, but this game....), but as far as I remember the plot so far: You are interrogated by an agent or officer about something and tell your story. Your girlfriend who's on drugs disappeared and a guy named Hacksley and a Henry Cole are involved somehow. You go outside and are instantly attacked by zombies, then cyborg cops. The lights go out and stay that way forever. Some satan worship is involved. You fight a robot dog. You get transported to an alien base. You fight aliens, suddenly you're attacked by orcs. You fight your cyborg girlfriend and swear revenge on Hacksley. I think you get it soon after? You discover humans grown in tanks and go through a portal that sends you to Peru where you fight mercenaries in Mayan ruins.

I'm guessing the next mission is probably fighting werewolves on the moon or something.

edit: oh, didn't realize you had updated.

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum
What is up with this game's sound design? There's a sound effect in the underground section that I think is supposed to be rocks falling but it sounds more like explosions and then a helicopter passing overhead.

Except it's during the tunnel segment.

And I guess it's supposed to be an ambient sound.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Xenoveritas posted:

What is up with this game's sound design?
I think they were simply stealing whatever samples they liked.

Today I crank up the game's brightness setting :confuoot:

09. Gamma correction.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
That completely pointless pipes sewers actually severely offends me. It proves that yes, they CAN make reasonably lit areas you can actually SEE poo poo in, they just... haven't for most of the parts of the game.

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum
While I'm complaining about sound design, what the hell is with the breathing sound effects? Are they supposed to be Steve? To let you know enemies are near? Like, who's supposed to be doing the ... uh ... audible breathing? I don't even know what to call it because it doesn't sound like heavy breathing. It's just ... weird.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Man, I just watched the Vivisector LP thanks to this one, and... it actually seems kind of good? Not GOTYAY material to be sure, but I can certainly see myself spending a tenner or so on it. Is there anywhere I can get the English version of that game cheaply?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

CommissarMega posted:

Man, I just watched the Vivisector LP thanks to this one, and... it actually seems kind of good? Not GOTYAY material to be sure, but I can certainly see myself spending a tenner or so on it. Is there anywhere I can get the English version of that game cheaply?
It used to be on gamersgate. Not available to me when I check but it could be a region block.
Amazon has some copies.

Let's play a game:
I have the final episode primed and ready. All in favour of seeing the end to Hellforces post an "Aye!"
When the number of Ayes reaches the number of new regular enemy types (not on fire, not bosses) introduced in the final 30 minutes of the game, the update goes live and nobody wins.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat

SelenicMartian posted:

It used to be on gamersgate. Not available to me when I check but it could be a region block.
Amazon has some copies.

Let's play a game:
I have the final episode primed and ready. All in favour of seeing the end to Hellforces post an "Aye!"
When the number of Ayes reaches the number of new regular enemy types (not on fire, not bosses) introduced in the final 30 minutes of the game, the update goes live and nobody wins.

Games where nobody wins are my favorite! That's why I sunk so much time into MMO's.

Aye!

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Aye!

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

You're not even halfway there and I need sleep, so take it.

10. The hell...

skullhead tethyis
Dec 30, 2015
I'm the bear dispenser

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Oh god, the attempts at satire, they burn!

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Hashtag social commentary.
Hashtag bored room.
Hashtag cathartic finale.
Hashtag bears from Russia.
Hashtag bear dispensers from Russia.
Hashtag dissapointment at the lack of bear dispensers from Russia.
Hashtag M. Night Shyamalan.
Hashtag plot twist.
Hashtag cleaner (wouldn't "cleanser" be a better translation? Like an enema? Although I'm not sure "чистильщик" translates well into English at all).

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
Are you loving serious with that teleporter maze? What the christ.

Edit: So.... your only effective weapons are explosive in tightly packed corridors and with doors that live to see you suffer. Right. It's a pity that it sucks so hard because I actually liked the mix of banality and otherworldly with the office demons.

Keldulas fucked around with this message at 02:40 on May 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Keldulas posted:

It's a pity that it sucks so hard because I actually liked the mix of banality and otherworldly with the office demons.
Legendary tried to do mythical beasts in a modern city. It was almost but not quite mediocre.

• Locked thread