Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Spoeank posted:

Corey Davis in round 7-9, 100% of the time

I'm guilty of historically ignoring the Titans, but yeah his position and lack of competition make it really promising. I particularly like the strength of Tennessee's offensive line and the significant threat of the run game. 7-9 sounds like a great spot to grab him.

Benne posted:

John Ross could be a late-round sleeper, depending on if he stays healthy and successfully gets past defenders focusing on A.J. Green. Then again, Andy Dalton isn't famous for his arm strength, so :shrug: Maybe wait and see if Ross/Dalton click in training camp.

As a Washington homer and the world's biggest John Ross fan (he retweeted me once!), I don't think the Bengals were an ideal spot for him.

I would say this is more a benefit for Green than anything really special for Ross. I see Ross as a DeSean Jackson type of player, which means a huge boom/bust situation. Would make a lot of sense for MFL10s though.

RVProfootballer posted:

Howard and Engram

As Spoeank indicated rookie TEs generally struggle, and TE itself is such a devalued position that I wouldn't want to spend any significant draft capital on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Sataere posted:

Yeah, I an not sure Fournette or McCaffrey are 1st rounders. Maybe second rounders. Too many established running backs that project better.

I've got 1st pick in our 14 team draft with one keeper (likely Andrew Luck or not as likely, Michael Thomas). Barring another team dropping someone like David Johnson or Zeke, I honestly don't know how I would be able to avoid the temptation to grab Fournette.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The Jags line is poop and a one keeper league is essentially not a keeper league so that shouldn't play into it. If you think he'll be the 15th best player next year then godspeed but I would probably go somewhere else.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Spoeank posted:

Howard... Sure if you want someone to cut week 3. Don't draft rookie TEs.

If they just say gently caress it and make Engram a WR, sure in round 13... but Howard is a wasted pick.

Definitely didn't think I'd be taken seriously, haha :) I almost threw in something about look how good Ebron was his rookie year if you want to get hyped for them, but figured that'd be too much.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Silly Burrito posted:

I've got 1st pick in our 14 team draft with one keeper (likely Andrew Luck or not as likely, Michael Thomas). Barring another team dropping someone like David Johnson or Zeke, I honestly don't know how I would be able to avoid the temptation to grab Fournette.

Yeah, this conversation is regarding redraw specifically. Obviously, if you eliminate the top 14 players, my thoughts would not apply.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Spoeank posted:

a one keeper league is essentially not a keeper league

Put this in next thread OP tia

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Silly Burrito posted:

A one keeper league basically means you re-arranged the first round and some people get shafted. Look at ADP. Andrew Luck is not a first round pick. Michael Thomas is an early 2nd round pick in a 14 team league. You avoid the temptation to draft a rookie RB on a team with a terrible offensive line and questionable (at best) QB play by drafting someone with a first round ADP that another player dropped.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

A one keeper league basically means you re-arranged the first round and some people get shafted. Look at ADP. Andrew Luck is not a first round pick. Michael Thomas is an early 2nd round pick in a 14 team league. You avoid the temptation to draft a rookie RB on a team with a terrible offensive line and questionable (at best) QB play by drafting someone with a first round ADP that another player dropped.

Fournette will probably end up with ADP in the second, so that's not a crazy pick. It really depends on how his keeper pick is structured. If you have to give up your first, then don't keep anyone. If you keep players at the round they were drafted, you find the best return for your keeper investment.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Sataere posted:

Fournette will probably end up with ADP in the second, so that's not a crazy pick. It really depends on how his keeper pick is structured. If you have to give up your first, then don't keep anyone. If you keep players at the round they were drafted, you find the best return for your keeper investment.

Everyone keeps one from their previous year's team, there is no penalty or giving up a first round pick..

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

This does assume that they drop someone decent. Trust me, I hope they do. :)

Felter Chesthard
Sep 11, 2001

Silly Burrito posted:

Everyone keeps one from their previous year's team, there is no penalty or giving up a first round pick..

That is essentially your first round pick. You wouldn't take Luck in the first.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Silly Burrito posted:

If that is the case, are you required to keep someone? And if you choose not to keep someone, does that allow you to pick earlier?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Felter Chesthard posted:

That is essentially your first round pick. You wouldn't take Luck in the first.

I normally wouldn't, no. But it's either Luck or Thomas as the rest of my squad had injuries or just plain sucked last year. 6 points per passing TD, and QB can get scarce with 14 teams. Still, I could go Thomas but as a Saints fan, I know how unpredictable WR targets are.

Sataere posted:

If that is the case, are you required to keep someone? And if you choose not to keep someone, does that allow you to pick earlier?

Yes, you must keep one player. Next year, it resets to zero, but not keeping one is not an option this year. There are no earlier picks.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
If it's a 1 keeper league, the goal should just be to keep the best ADP bargain, or a top end stud like Brown or Johnson if you have one, and then just treat the draft and subsequent rankings as a redraft. Don't reach on young guys because it's a "keeper league" because it's not.

Also, as an aside, one keeper leagues are dumb and pointless and you should either do a full blown keeper/dynasty or just do a redraft. Tell your league to stop sucking

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Teemu Pokemon posted:

If it's a 1 keeper league, the goal should just be to keep the best ADP bargain, or a top end stud like Brown or Johnson if you have one, and then just treat the draft and subsequent rankings as a redraft. Don't reach on young guys because it's a "keeper league" because it's not.

Also, as an aside, one keeper leagues are dumb and pointless and you should either do a full blown keeper/dynasty or just do a redraft. Tell your league to stop sucking

Teemu is on point as always.

Being forced to keep one player punishes bad teams that don't have top tier talent.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
So what needs to be tweaked with the OP? Anything added or removed?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The Fantasy Footballers definitely should be added but I'm terrible at write ups

Also a link to every post in this thread that says don't draft a TE in a single digit round

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
I have a choice between keeping AB84 and losing my first rounder or keeping J Howard and losing my 16th. 12 team league. I'm leaning towards Howard for the value pick, would it be foolish to give up AB84?

drizzle
Jul 7, 2004

The world is a fine place and worth the fighting for and I hate very much to leave it.
Antonio Brown is already nearly a first rounder so Howard is the obvious choice

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

If you took any of the JAGs on Jacksonville last year (pun intended) and gave them 2/3 of the touches of their top four RBs, that player averaged 9.25 fantasy points per game.

Fournette is better than all of them combined and they improved their O-Line already. Fournette gonna be good this year y'all

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Can Fournette catch a football?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

His hands are.......... questionable

But the Jags are gonna run a lot more this year as they take it out of Bortles' hands and into Fournette and the D's

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Spoeank posted:

The Fantasy Footballers definitely should be added but I'm terrible at write ups

Also a link to every post in this thread that says don't draft a TE in a single digit round

Don't worry about a write-up, just let me know what needs to be tweaked.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

fantasy football 2017: i got beathard in the draft

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Fantasy Football 2017: JAMEIS AND MARCUS 24/7

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Fantasy Football 2017: I love kissing titties - Mitchell Trubisky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004